Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what I do to make my hair look nice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Deb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what I do to make my hair look nice
    Posted: August 12 2002 at 10:18am
This is what I do to make my curly hair look nice.

1. I shampoo and condition my hair.
I like to give my curls one last cool rinse before styling before coming out of the showers.

2. Once in every 2 weeks, I like to do `Whattacurl wants` from the Curly girl book. I suggest that you don`t use this recipe every single day, trust me...it makes your hair feel a bit weird. Just use it once in awhile. (See below for recipe)

Whattacurl Wants

The baking soda will remove heavy product buildup and leave your hair feeling shiny and clean.

1 tablespoon baking soda
1 cup warm water

1. Combine above ingredients in a spray bottle and shake.
2.Wet, condition, and blot-dry hair as usual
3. Spray with mixture
4. Allow to sit for a minute or so, then rinse with cool water.
5.Blot dry again, style as usual.

3. After I get out of shower, I take tiny drop of my conditioner and I run through my hair with it or I scrunch my hair with it. (Yes I know, it sounds a bit disgusting but it really helps me to get rid of my frizzies without using tons of products)
I also like to mix olive oil or some kind of nut oil with my favourite perfume and spray my hair with it.

4. I then take any gel(tiny drop) and scrunch my hair with it... sideways...looking down...always from the end toward the scalp.

5. I also then take any gel(tiny drop), graze my hands over the top layer of hair. (It really minimizes frizz)

6. I then just air-dry my hair.(Leave it alone)

7. I fluff my hair from beneath before it dries 100%

If I dont feel like taking shower ...I just spray my hair with a spray bottle filled with water. I then just use tiny bit of conditioner and gel to style my hair.

Well hope this helps!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic