Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curls Gone Forever?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rhonda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhonda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curls Gone Forever?
    Posted: December 26 2002 at 10:50am
I have naturally very curly hair and have been going to a hair salon for two years every week. I do not have a chemical relaxer in my hair. The process that this salon was using to straighten my hair was a very hot blow dryer. They would then curl the end using a hot curling iron. I recently washed my hair at home and noticed that the curl was completely gone from my hair!!! It looks straight and damaged. Will the curl come back if I stop going to this salon?
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2002 at 1:46pm
Hey Rhonda-
If you want to keep it curly, I`d suggest no longer getting it blown dry- heat can do all sorts of terrible things to your hair. Try wearing it more naturally for a while at least. I can`t imagine that naturally curly hair would go straight permanently, altho you`d probably have to cut off the damaged parts to get it back to normal. Try to find a stylist who specializes in curly hair- it needs to be cut differently than straight hair. They can probably help.
Best of luck to ya!

Love,
Ingrid :)
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic