Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FRIENDLY ADVICE REQUESTED

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FRIENDLY ADVICE REQUESTED
    Posted: January 06 2003 at 12:15am

hi, guys!

do you think anyone can be so fixated on their hair that it actually becomes an addiction?

my naturally curly hair was fried six months ago -- in that time, i have shaved my head twice...

do you think that there is any way possible that their could still be something wrong with it? it just doesn`t feel right to me...

i wonder if i am causing myself to have a mental breakdown of some sort...

any imput would be helpful --

thanks, guys!

i`m out!
Ingrid16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingrid16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2003 at 6:42am
Hi Ryan!
Yeah, it is possible to get obsessive over your hair to a wierd and extreme extent- I also have a tendency to do that. I dunno about addiction, but I worry over it constantly and feel compelled to check it in every mirror and reflective surface that I come near. When I get it cut, one of the first things I think is, "Maybe I should`ve left it longer". When I color it, I instantly think, "MAybe I should`ve left it the color it was....maybe I should`ve done it a differnet color." I think that you and I are tense kinda people...I dunno what to do about it expect focus on other things, find your true passions in life, and dedicate yourself to something bigger than yourself (in my case its my faith in Jesus, but we won`t get into spiritual matters here- WAY too much explosive potential there!)
As far as your hair goes, I really don`t think that your hair is permanently damaged. Hold on and let it grow for a while...it might feel a little different now since its probably still really short. I know that if you shave and kind of hair down to the skin, it grows back a little bit thicker- ask any girl who shaves her legs (I think thats about all of us). Give it some more time, try conditioning it with a good deep conditioner (ask somebody on this site and they`ll tell you about a good one- my hair`s naturally curly too and I like L`Oreal Curl Vive but there`s lots of good ones out there), and for goodness sake DON`T color it or try any other chemical process on it.
Sorry to hear this is causing you so much trouble, Ryan. I`ve read your posts here before...that`s really too bad for you :( :( :( Hey, you`re not alone tho...I think everyone has done some horribly destructive and life-changing thing to their hair before. It WILL get better, OK?

Lotsa Love & Big Hugs
Ingrid :)
If I had wings then I could take you in
I'd stay on the ground and show you some things
The grass is strewn with blades of gold
all sights and sounds I have been told
all hopes, desires, seem to sing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic