Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

curly to straight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bethdon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bethdon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 2:04pm
I have been a hair stylist for 12 years and have a question about straightening natural curly hair.

I have a cousin who wishes hor her hair to be straight. She had tried using an over the counter straightener (for ethnic hair) and of course, it fried it and it has been two months since she has done this.

Can I do a straightener on her hair? And, if I can, what is an inexpensive way to get this done (her grandma is taking care of her and her siblings and does not have a lot of money)?

Please let me know! She is so sweet and it want to help her feel good about herself again.
Thank-you for any help,
Beth
twinklestar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinklestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2003 at 10:51am
i dont have really curly curly curly hair its just a lil curly and dry and fluffy. will a hair relaxer make it straight and and less dry than wha it is right now?
syl View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2003 at 1:00pm
Journalist looking for chemical straightening stories, particularily new japanese method. Especially want to know what happens when done to hair already colored, permed, or relaxed.

Please reply to straighthair@abctv.com and I will give you direct contact info!
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2003 at 1:42pm
Hi Bethdon...I didn't see your post in Oct....Sorry so late. I hope you got the advice you were looking for.

First of all does your cousin have ethnic hair?
And second You say it fried her hair...2 months ago.

My guess would be No. You shouldn't do it again.
But more info would be good.

Did you guy's do it already?
CurlyorStraight??? View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyorStraight??? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2003 at 3:13pm
Hi I am thinking about straightening my permed hair and wondered what the best way to do this would be without damaging it anymore than it already is. I have grey hair at 25 and color it every 4 weeks when regrowth is noticeable. I had this perm back in April and my hair still isn't back to being really healthy. I try to do my permed hair straight and since it is a little damaged it frizzes really easily.

If I straighten my hair with another perm will it take out the frizziness and make it easier to do my hair straight?

Please help. :)
marie123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2004 at 7:05pm
i do not have curly hair but my hair is very thick and course. It just looks big and nappy. I straighten it with a flat iron when i go out but my hair is so long it is just such a pain. I was reading your posts and wondering if the chemical straightner would give me the same results as my flat iron. Also, how long does it last? I am willing to pay money to have it done safely, but i need to know the effects will last long enough to be worth it. Any advice and info would be appreciated. thanks!!
snoopy9192 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snoopy9192 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2004 at 5:40pm
HI everyone... I had my cottonball curly in some places wavey and straight in other places hair straightened with the CHI system. I didn't do a lot of research before cuz I trust my hair stylist and she did a great job! My hair has never looked better. I never want my old hair back. I am even bumbed cuz the most curly part of my hair is kinking a little but not noticible. Good Luck with what ever you do with your hair but I agree ...once yo go straight you wont go back. If anyone in south western Florida needs someone to talk to about hair straightening and someone who will do it let me know. I would suggest my stylist to anyone. She sat with me for over an hour deciding what to do....Good Luck.
Nexttrain View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexttrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2004 at 3:33am
Thermal Ionic "Straight Hair Revolution"???

It has just arrived in France and I want to try it but it's very expensive. So I wanna be sure it really works.

So, has anyone tried it and want to share their experience? Were you fully satisfied? how long did it last? etc?

Thanks

Florence
sam View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2004 at 10:55am
I have wavy hair and i want it completely BONE straight for a long peroid of time. Does anyone have any suggestions or names of anything i can use? iF you do i really appreciate the help THANX!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic