Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

can anyone help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vicki View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: can anyone help?
    Posted: March 31 2003 at 3:53pm
I've been growing my hair out for a year, and am FINALLY loving that fact that it's really curly. But lately, I've been reading that curly hair should be shampooed as little as possible, and that I should use a "cleansing conditioner." Supposedly, this type of conditioner will clean my hair of any products without the awful detergents in shampoos. I haven't found one of these conditioners, though--can anyone tell me anything about them? I don't want to dry out/damage my hair now that I'm at peace with all these curls!
kalie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2003 at 7:44pm
That is the new craze, but it's not for everyone. Some people love it, but I've seen many pictures, and frankly a lot thier hair looks dirty, dull, and dry. There's a book called curly girl that talks about it. it's 10 bucks. People complain a lot about dandruff, breakouts, and all sorts of gross stuff from doing this.

Personally, if your happy now, don't change a thing.
Sparklycute View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparklycute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2003 at 8:29am
Take note your curly hair doesnt need any more care than straight hair
Glittergirl
Vicki View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2003 at 1:04pm
Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, I'm not exactly happy with the way things are now--I really do have awfully dry hair, even though I never use a blowdryer or a lot of styling products. I'm 1/2 Mexican, and so I get the dry, frizzy, wild look if I'm not careful. I'll look for the book you recommended. Anyone know the exact name of these so-called "cleansing conditioners?"
Katie Scarlett View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Scarlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2003 at 1:58pm
Well, I don't know what a cleansing conditioner is, but I can recommend some products...check out www.ouidad.com. This is a salon in Manhattan that specializes in curly hair. They have some wonderful products--Clear Control is my personal favorite to get rid of the frizzies.

I've actually had my hair cut there & it was very cool being in a salon where every single person has curly hair. I never realized how many different kind of curls there are!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic