Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Questions about and advice for CURLY HAIR!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Meekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions about and advice for CURLY HAIR!
    Posted: April 07 2003 at 9:40pm
Hello! This is my first post here!
Anyway , I have a question and also something I picked up that REALLY works well.
My question is: Does anyone know a particular brand of haircolour that works well on curlyheads?
I've tried l'oreal's open. Smelled great , but instead of the ash blonde I saw on the box , I had this brassy , screaming orange , which soon faded to a bleached , bananna-like yellow. I've also tried Garnier Nutrisse-Smelled terrible , the colour (dark reddish-brown) looked good for about two days before fading to a mousy , mud puddle brown. The last kind of dye I tried was Feria-it worked okay but again , it faded within a few days to that mud puddle brown. So , has anyone had ANY luck with a certain kind of dye they can reccomend?

Something I found that really works well for fighting frizz.
Johnsons baby lotion. Mix it with your gel (not a lot but some) and use as usual. Or you can put a REALLY thin layer on your hands and just work it through your hair. It works really well with the frizz and as far as I know doesn't damage hair.
Thanks!
-Meekah
:::They say beauty is only skin deep. That's deep enough. What do you want , an adorable pancreas?!:::
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2003 at 9:34pm
Also, baby oil works well to control frizz. Just don''t use too much or your hair will look oily and airborn particles and stuff will stick to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic