Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2yr old hair.... HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jam11102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jam11102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2yr old hair.... HELP!!!
    Posted: August 24 2004 at 10:02pm
Does any one have a suggestion for a 2yr olds hair? My daughter is Cuban/Jamaican-Italian and she has very curly dry and tangled hair everynight is a fight with her to comb her hair, any products for her that can help that are tear free?

frizzygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2004 at 9:03am
I posted this on another thread for you but copied it over:

Originally posted by jam11102 jam11102 wrote:

Does any one have a suggestion for a 2yr olds hair? My daughter is Cuban/Jamaican-Italian and she has very curly dry and tangled hair everynight is a fight with her to comb her hair, any products for her that can help that are tear free?

jam~ Curly hair is very fragile; i remember my grandma trying to brush my curly hair and looking like a ball of frizz afterward from damage and breakage. You shouldn't brush her hair with a brush or fine toothed comb. Only use a wide-toothed comb and try to only comb it out when wet. The easiest is to wash gently, apply conditioner and comb out with conditioner in it. after this combing, try not to comb until the next washing. If you want to comb every night, apply a leave in conditioner liberally and fingercomb thru.

Applying a tiny bit of oil after washing as a styling product may help greatly with tangles and will define her curls. Jojoba oil and coconut oil seem to be favorites of curly girls and will help tremendously with tangles. I hope you find a solution that will help your daughter to love her curls!
CO wash only since September '04! Dyed red botticelli curls (3b), fine and just past shoulder length
Joanne View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2004 at 10:59pm
I have curly hair and have memories of tearful nights trying to get knots out of the back of my head. I would sometimes have to cut them out with scissors. I gave up on combs and brushes a long time ago. I find using conditioner or a spray-in detangler and using fingers instead of a comb to work through the curls/knots works much better than a comb. Good luck!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic