Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jamaica Wedding/Curly Hair-Up?Down?HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jamaicabride View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamaicabride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jamaica Wedding/Curly Hair-Up?Down?HELP!
    Posted: March 21 2001 at 10:37am
Hi,
I`m new here and I`m glad I found this site! I wonder if you guys can help me out. I am marrying in Jamaica December 3. It will be hot, and humid. I have moderately curly hair, if that`s what you`d call it! I cannot straighten my spirals without it frizzing unless using heavy products which I don`t like to do, and I have no desire to straighten because it just doesn`t work with my (almost round) face (don`t we all say that!). I don`t usually wear my hair up when I go out and it definately looks best when it is down and styled with my natural curls enhanced. God gave my face curls for a reason! I have chosen a beautiful wedding gown that has a back that is open (keyhole style) from the nape of my neck right down to the small of my back (built in air conditioning!). The dress really calls for my long hair (mid-back at least, longer by then) to be put up to appreciate that beautifullyl designed back. Is there anything out there that will work for me that is sort of loosely up, frames my face, yet kinda down? Help! I`m obviously not really good at this. I`d like to find the right style and practice it myself. I have an appointment with the Resort`s beauty salon, who are supposed to be fantastic, but that`s a little scary as I have no clue what to expect. If they don`t "do it right", I`ll be going back to my room to redo the do with the help of my MOH on my wedding day and I should be prepared for that! Sorry the message is so long here!
Lyndsey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyndsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2001 at 10:04pm
Reply to message: 11.16.1
I had to have my long curly hair put up loosely for a dress and my hairstylist put it up toward the back of the top of my head with bobby pins, its loose and lovely, good luck for the wedding
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic