Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

8th grade prom HAIR HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dani7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8th grade prom HAIR HELP!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: May 19 2003 at 8:27pm
ok hi. i have an 8th grade prom coming up in june. i have no clue what to do with my hair. i want it to be half up and half down. i neeeeed help so i fu know of any websites with PICTURES I CAN PRINT OUT please tell me
:) thanks :)
Firefly Gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefly Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2003 at 6:34am
This was posted recently on the Prom board by Karen Shelton:

Basic Easy Starting Point For ANY Updo - Ponytails

One thing to remember is that the absolute basic updo move is a ponytail. The reasons that updos look so different is that ponytails can be up high on the head at the top of the crown, at the middle of the head between the top and bottom of the head or at the bottom. There also can be multiple ponytails.

Dressy Style #1 - Basic/Easy Updo W/ Curls

The easiest of all updos is to put your hair in one of the basic ponytails and then wrap one strand of your own hair around the elastic holding the ponytail in place so that the pony is covered with hair.

Then you have many many options. You can divide the ponytail hair into multiple 1/2" strands and curl each strand with a curling iron or hot rollers. Let the rollers cool and then carefully remove the curls and pin into place. Viola, you have a curly updo. Make the curls bigger or smaller depending on the size of the hot rollers or the barrel of the curling iron. Remember 1/2" barrel equals small curls and a 1" or larger barrel will make large or "barrel" curls.

Dressy Style #2 - Basic/Easy Up/Down Do

Another easy dressy hair style is to make a 1/2 up and 1/2 down do. This is very simple. Take the hair from either side of your head by your ears and brush up to the scalp into a "skinny" ponytail. Tie off the ponytail with a clear Blax or one that matches your hair color. Take a curling iron or hot rollers and curl the ends to have "bouncy curls. Wear the rest of your hair down and curl the ends. You will have a soft curled up/down do.

Dressy Style #3 - Ballerina Bun

Again....start with a tight ponytail at the top of your crown. Tie off the ponytail with a Blax that is clear or the color or your hair. Or use a "hair friendly" elastic. Please nooooo rubber bands.

Once you have a firm ponytail then take the tail of the ponytail and wrap it tightly around the elastic band to form a tight bun. Pin the tail to your scalp and then add anchor pins around the perimeter of the bun to hold in place. Decorate with hair accessories that sparkle.

Dressy Style #4 - Nape Bun

This style was very popular at the recent Academy Awards. Brush hair back into a very low ponytail at the nape of the neck. Twist the ponytail into a flat bun. Pin and viola...you have a nape bun.

For additional ideas please look at the Prom styling pages at HairBoutique.com at:

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/promstyles.htm

New styles are being added constantly. You can print out the styles that you like.

FG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic