Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best De-Tanglers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best De-Tanglers
    Posted: August 20 2003 at 4:26pm
My hair is fine, but with the current products I'm using, is seeming to thicken up. The problem is I get a lot of of tangles after shampooing and conditioning when trying to comb it out wet (with a wide tooth comb), even though my conditioner claims to be a detangler.

Which, in your opinion(s), detanglers on the market work the best on fine hair and won't weigh the hair down?
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2003 at 9:18pm
There are a number of pro products that will do just that.

Redken Quick Treat
Redken Heat Treat
Paul Mitchell Color Care Leave in
Paul Mitchell Lite Detangler.

I use these everyday in the salon and leaves hair practically weightless.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2003 at 10:06pm
Thanks, LiliBeach. I wrote your suggestions down, and will purchase 1 or 2 of them the next time I go to the salon (or look for them online).

:)

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2003 at 5:20pm
What products are you using that are helping to thicken your hair? I would like to try them if they work.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2003 at 11:29pm
I've been using a combination of 3 shampoos and have added Hair Formula 37 Vitamins/Amino Acids into my regimen, and my hair has really responded well.

I use C-Fuller Hair Serum, Shampoo and Conditioner (purchased at HSN.com) alternated with the Hinoki System for fine hair which includes shampoo, conditioner, hair thickening serum and scalp stimulator. I also use Hair Energizer shampoo and follicle stimulator (by Hobe Labs) 2 weeks out of the month and all of these products REALLY reduce hair fallout. I went from losing in excess of 100 hairs a day to maybe 10 a day now.

I've noticed since using the hair vitamins and aminos that already my hair is seeming to thicken up. I've had comments made by several people about it, and can't be sure what it is exactly, but it seems to coincide with the implementation of these vitamins.

I did just order the Hairtopia Vitamins from the store here since they have a good price for a month of vitamins and aminos (better than HF37), and they seem to have the same ingredients, only they are contained in capsule form which seems to be a more easily digestable form than the HF37 tablets, which are very hard.
MariesCaR510 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MariesCaR510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2003 at 5:25pm
I had very long hair for many years and it's so fine because of my ethnicity, needless to say I've had to find a good detangler too.

I used Johnson & Johnson's detangler spray (for kids) for years and it worked great. The smell is pretty nice and it leaves your hair shiny and manageable. I combed it all the time after getting out of the shower with a wide tooth comb and not much breakage ever happened after I sprayed it a few times with the spray all over.
Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 11:21pm
I was thinking about using the Johnson and Johnson's Detangler. It worked so well when I had hair to my upper thighs when I was a kid, and it''s gentle (can''t beat the price either!), so thanks for reminder too.

I really appreciate all of the comments and help everyone''s given me!

Kris :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic