Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hairdresser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Diandu View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diandu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hairdresser
    Posted: July 14 2004 at 7:23pm
Can anyone tell me how I can find a hairdresser that specializes in straight, fine hair? I live in the Milwaukee, WI area.

I have many times asked a woman whos hair I like who her stylist is, made an appointment and was disappointed with the result since my fine, lifeless hair is so hard to work with.

Right now I have it layered. I got the style from computer imaging so I knew the style would look good on me but it is not the right style for my fine hair. I looks good right after I style it in the morning but as soon as I get to work and walk from the car to the building it has fallen flat. If I use too much hairspray it gets flyaway and weighed down.

Also, any suggestions for a good hairspray for fine hair that does not weigh it down?
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2004 at 9:19am
What you did--asking other women whose styles you admired--is about the best advise I could give you. It usually takes me a long time to find a hairdresser I like who can do my hair so just keep looking. It helps if you are near a big city as the better hairdressers seem to go to the larger cities. I actually found a couple of really good ones when I lived in Atlanta by looking at the hair magazines. Several of the local hairdressers there published styles so you can actually see if you like their work. Good luck. I know it isn't easy. I found that either blunt cuts or pretty short cuts work best on me.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
anonymous View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2004 at 1:08pm
I have fine, straight hair, and there are two products that I love to use for my hair:

Alterna Thickening Compound I put it in my hair before I blow dry it, and then the hairspray I use is Nexxus Dzyn Maker.

The hair spray gives a long lasting hold, but it keeps your hair looking natural, rather than all dryed out looking.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic