Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fine, thin , limp frizzy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fine, thin , limp frizzy
    Posted: September 20 2004 at 7:35am
Hello, I just found this board.

I have THE worst hair!!!! It's very fine, limp.thin, dry and yet gets greasy easy split ends, and scraggly!!!!!

I spent years trying everything and and anything to correct it but simply haven't found ZIP that actually changes the situation!I'm always hearing people coomplain they have fine or thin hair and thinking "yeah right" when I see their picture because anybody who complains about thin hair and still can make a ponytail the size of a quarter is no thin headed person in my book.!!!

I have yet to find a hairdresser that the catch all phrase wasn't "cut layers" to make it look fuller!!! ARE HEY KIDING.... my hair in layers would make me look like a bald woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I immediately leave any salon who says cut layers. My other get up and leave tip is get up and leave any salon who doesn't have a big round boar bristle hair brush . Because if no big round brush then my hair isn't going to do ANYTHING but look like ugly stupid strings.

I think worst of aall is that along with thin , weak pokey hair is the fact that it sheds like a cat and gets thinner every year. I have had myself tested for everything 3 times and everything always says I'm healthy as a horse so no excuses there!!!!

HERE IS WHAT I FOUND WORKS THE BEST!!!!!

The best style although a bit blah is a medium blunt cut. It's the only thing that makes me look like I actually have hair and I figure having hair is more important then being fashion current!!!! Also a BIG round boar bristle brush is a must ! No big round brush and i look like a wet ugly cat. Just dry up and under. Frizzy split ends are constant and no matter HOW MANY inches I cut off doesn't matter because the ends will still look straggly and pokey . so I do TINY miniscule trims and spray the ends with Pentene to seal and smooth .
Oh and something I would have NEVER guessed in a million years I figured out just two weeks ago!!!!!! With hair as HORRIBLE as mine I would have nevr thaought straightening iron....... But on a quirk I tried my daughters and WOW. I couldn't believe it!!! Although just as thin....suddenly i was looking more polished and fashionable because the straightening iron flattened out the fuzzy pokies and stray wave and everything looked to blens better. ..WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!!!!!

I also recently started a mixture of different vitamins and such supposed to make my hair be healthy and better but it's only been a week so I guess i'll have to wait a few months to make a decision on that one!
kit View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 5:55pm
hey there! yeah i have very fine and thin hair too...when i tie a ponytail..it's a size of a dime!! ..a litle more than a dime..but less than a nickel ahha anyways..you straighten your hair? hmm i don't know if you should do that..cuz if your hair is frizzy ..and you straighten your hair..it will REALLY damage your hair!
kit View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 5:58pm
oh yeah..just a question..what's a blunt cut?? is that like..straight across? hmm if yes..i thought that would make your hair look worse!
Sher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 6:08pm
Yes blunt cut is straight across. And YES is always makes my horrible hair look fuller and neater.

Straightening iron actually does make my hair look neater. I couldn't and WOULDN't have believed it until I tried it . I don't scorch it or anything but just turn it on medium to low temperature and smooth down my hair. It's a BIG difference. However I do know to make sure my hair is TOTALLY dry, don't make iron too hot, and don't leave in one place.
To say the iron will make my hair worse doesn't apply because the hair is already crap!!!!!

I bought a really good straightening iron with 10 temperature settings
Sher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 6:10pm
Oh I forgot to say.... if I use the straightening iron I can let my hair dry by itself and no ned to blowdry , which I'm sure is a big help. I just comb it out and it doesn't matter if it's poking everywhere because the straightener smooths it all nice
kit View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2004 at 7:42pm
haha I know straightening will make it look nicer..but you won't know how damaging it is 'til later on ...even though it's already frizzy...it would be even MORE frizzy ..so yeah..I don't know if you even care about it at this point haha

Hmm anyways...I have long hair..and i know i shouldn't since it makes me look even more bald ..but i'm just really lazy to go get it cut since my hair grows REALLY fast and i'm not kidding haha but maybe i should get a blunt cut or w/e ..see if that will make my baldness less obvious =)
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 3:36am
yeah my hair feels like ...i dunno...doesnt feel so soft and touchable a day after blowdrying. Its very scanty so I just air dry it and the stupid hair gets dry after a few minutes
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic