Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No Conditioner=Bad?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
EnderWillSaveMe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnderWillSaveMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Conditioner=Bad?
    Posted: September 23 2004 at 6:00pm
hey, I heard that not using conditioning is bad for your hair, is this true cuz at the moment I am not using a conditioner. I''''m using Tigi Thickening Shampoo and it makes my hair look a lot more volumized and makes its feel a bit thicker too. I love this shampoo and it''''s the best out of everything I''''ve tried, and I''''ve tried every hair product that says volumizing on it (literally) at Walmart. I''''m not using the conditioner but my hair is silky and volumized without it, will not conditioning hurt my hair? Email me plz b/c I don''''t get on here a lot. EnderWillSaveme@msn.com. Thankz!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2004 at 4:36pm
I rarely use conditioner and it isn't a problem. Many hair pros say you should use it only on ends.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2004 at 6:59pm
IMHO, I think the conditioner is more important than shampoo. As long one is conditioning "from the ears down", (unless in cases of dry scalp) most people benefit more from conditioning than not. Especially in hot, windy, or otherwise extreme weather.

It also depends on hair length. If I didn't condition, my long hair would break, dry out, and frizz like the Charles D.ickens. Many shorthairs (chin length and up) can probably get away with no conditioner. But in rare cases like yours, whatever floats your boat : P
my LJ, 40 inches long
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 9:38pm
I have had waist-length (or longer) hair for 15 years now. I didn't start conditioning regularly until 3 years ago (when I had some layers added for body). I used to find that my hair was too soft and flat if I conditioned it. I don't believe it was bad for my hair at all. I've had many stylists tell me that my hair is very healthy. I think one of the best things you can do for your hair is not brush it when it's wet -- just use a wide-toothed comb. Another way to keep it healthy is to use shampoo only on your scalp -- don't put it directly on the ends.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2004 at 11:45am
From reading all the boards esp. the Long Hair board, I've have my own variation on the Condition/Wash/condition. I use a lot of White Rain conditioner all over while I wash/shave/etc. and then rinse out the conditioner then shampoo. That way I get the easy to comb without the limp condition look.

Twanda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic