Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Experience With Extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
miamigirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamigirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad Experience With Extensions
    Posted: January 05 2005 at 6:28pm
Hello Ladies. I'm a frequent poster on heralopecia.com, as well as other hair loss sites. For all of you that are suffering from hair loss problems and are considering extensions, please read this post.

I just wanted to share my experience with Kimarie Teter and Hairlocs. I went to see Kimarie because I have hair loss issues and was hoping (praying) that I was a candidate for extensions. My hair loss has occurred very gradually over the last 10-12 years and it was starting to get so noticeable that I finally decided to pursue cosmetics options to improve the appearance. I trusted Kimarie as a stylist and hairlocs “expert”, which is a mistake that I never intend to make again. I spent a total
of $1,188 on products, hair, & installation costs and you can see for yourself in the pictures that I posted what I got for my money. Of the $1,188
that I spent, only $250 was refunded.

Here's the link to the pictures. They include before & after pictures taken at Kimarie's studio during my first installation and then pictures that I took 8 weeks later, with the hairlocs still in.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeAN3DZm3Ztm7mY&open=1&x=1&sm=1&sl=0

Please let me know if you are unable to view the pictures. You may have to try the link more than once. Sometimes it doesn't work right away, but if you try it again then they come up fine.
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2005 at 10:33am
Oh my gosh, you poor thing! Do you know what happened? It looks like the extensions actually pulled out your hair. I would think that a trip to small claims court might help you if you haven't tried that already. I actually saw a Judge Joe Brown or Judge Judy where two women with badly applied extensions and ruined hair got their money back.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 4:25pm
It was on Judge Hatchett and the lady got her money fully refunded as well as money for pain and suffering. I think it's worth it - not to mention I've seen many posts in the Hair Extensions section saying how bad Kimarie's work is.
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic