Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scrunching suggestions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Xtinugh View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xtinugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scrunching suggestions?
    Posted: January 22 2005 at 11:48pm
Hi, I have limp straight hair that has absolutely NO volume at all. No matter how hard I try, it's impossible for me to scrunch my hair. Do you guys know any good products or techniques that might help?
Innamorata594 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Innamorata594 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2005 at 7:57am
Redken has a shampoo/conditioner set especially for volume to fine hair. As for the scrunching, you can use Sexy Hair Concepts Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Gel, distribute through your roots and blowdry your hair upside down with a diffuser while scrunching. Your going to need to find someone that distributes those brands as they are professional products, but its well worth it.
Sara
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2005 at 4:23pm
Put some mousse and gel in your hair after you wash it (and don't use a lot of conditioner if any) and go to bed with it wet (so it is somewhat waqvy when you wake up). When you wake up put some mousse in it again and use Aussie Sprunch Spray with a diffuser attachment to your hairdryer.
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
ames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 7:46am
another great tip...but this only works with shoulder length or shorter hair..as anything longer will just end up knotted...
get a friend to bring a hairdryer round, then tip your head upside down and blow the hair from different directions with a dryer in each hand, use circular motions as it encourages the hair to twirl around, then flip your head up and finish off doing the same...it should give a lovely 'bedhead' look with lots of volume and slight waves here and there...a little finishing serum to smooth it in places is essential. sounds crazy, but i have gotten my hair looking great by doing this...
i can't take it no more so i'm going on a shopping spree
....H.A.R.M.A.R superstar....
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2005 at 9:56pm
I have straight hair too.As mentioneg before... Use a good gel/mouse. Everyone has their favorite. I like Schwarchkof "Grip" mousse. Then I scrunch Back to Basics "Holding Paste" for MEN (I stole it off me hubby) It's the best I've found-the consistency is just right.
Most Importantly.......DO NOT comb your hair when its wet! Run your fingers through the conditioner while in the shower to get out and tangles. Afterwards- towel dry hair VERY well. DON'T rub your hair dry with the towel SCRUNCH it dry. Then apply products mentioned above. Hang head upside down and scrunch,scrunch,scrunch!
When I'm done drying(and you probably should get the hair bout 90% dry)I then scrunch in a bit more of the holding paste to control any frizzies.
Finally...set this look by scrunching a good firm hold hairspray with shine into your curls!
It'll take some practice-Hope this helps-Good Luck!
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic