Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Congratulations, Elissa!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Congratulations, Elissa!
    Posted: May 07 2003 at 9:24pm
Congratulations on the success of your weight loss program. Your transformation is remarkable.

Good topic, since I eat many times throughout the day, and much as I know, still certainly have much to learn.

When I was last "between jobs" I decided to go on a diet to lose a few extra pounds (which I had gained at that previous job thanks in part to a few too many all-you-can-eat lunches). I ate a balanced diet of about 1300-1400 calories a day (small portions!), exercised 3-4 days a week, and drank lots of water. The result was that I consistently lost about 1.5 pounds per week, and after 4 months had lost about 26 pounds. At which point I stopped the rigorous diet because frankly I had lost a few too many pounds (from 169 to 143 on a 6' frame)... I must have resembled a walking scarecrow... still might. I have since (past 2 some years) regained about 12-15 pounds which is a much better weight for me.

Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and "congrats."
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2003 at 9:35pm
Thanks Dave :) And Hi :)

Congratulations on your success too! It takes a lot of ambition and discipline to stick to a healthy food plan and exercise regimen. You did it!

Incidentally, sometimes a life change like being out of work can be an ideal time to start a health regimen. Particularly if you are between commitments and have extra time on your hands.

I think it's really key to be aware of when your weight loss has become "too much", as you were. It's so easy to get carried away, especially when people are complimenting you on how thin you look. Sometimes we lose sight of what our bodies really look and feel like. The whole body image thing is a topic I really look forward to discussing. It affects most women I know, and many men as well.

[/url]

Orc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2003 at 4:32am
Hi Elissa,
Fist of all I would like to congratulate you on transforming your body. It takes a lot of dedication and hard work and I don’t think everybody can do it. So well done.
And secondly thank you so much for creating this diet form, I like the hair board and this one tops it all, thanks.
Although I have never had any problems with my weight and I have always been into sports ever since I can remember but in 1997 I decided to change my diet and go to the gym to build some muscles.
6 years later and I am on the same healthy diet (low fat food) with my 6 packs with a 7% body fat.
I go to the gym 5 – 6 times a week and do 5 times a week cardiovascular exercises.
I am happy to share my experiences with exercises and food since I eat so healthy and some people consider it the most straange and boring food on this planet
But hey, I am so happy with it and so satisfied.
Blijf luisteren naar je lichaam en haar!
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2003 at 4:03am
Orc,

Thank you for the congratulations and it''s good to see you here. Congratulations to you too, for all you''ve accomplished. I''m in awe of your hardcore fitness routine, and welcome hearing your perspectives on this forum!

Elissa

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic