Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Taking baby in Hair salon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taking baby in Hair salon
    Posted: December 14 2003 at 11:49pm
This is just a question for all of you moms,( or just anyone..i'm not picky) as I am not a mommie yet, and don't plan on it for a few more years. This just caught my attention...

I was getting my hair highlighted last week, and the smell in the salon was STRONG. Perm solution and hair bleach ( I guess, whatever was being used on my highlights) and a mom had her 3 week old baby in the salon, right in the middle of it! She (the mom) was getting her hair cut, and the woman's Mom was getting a color. And, it was very cold out, so all the windows were closed.

The smells kinda burned my nose, I could just imagine the baby. That just didn't really seem right. Even the hairdressers were really surprised.

What is your opinions on this? Should you, or should you not bring a young baby into a chemically filled area?

edited for clarification
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2003 at 4:35am
Possibly. Some of those salons really have noxious-smelling air, yuck.

A 3-week-old baby has enough hair to cut? That is news to me.
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2003 at 4:25pm
Duke,
I edited my first post for clarification, please read now and see if it makes more sense!

Thanks
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2003 at 11:59pm
Hi,

Some stylists will not allow babies or young kids in the salon at all. Others have times set aside for bringing in babies and kids.

It is not just the chemical smells but the fact that when a mom is getting her hair styled or treated, who is watching the baby? That is not the stylist's job and if a baby starts crying or fussing, who is responsible for dealing with that when the mom is at the shampoo bowl?

Ultimately each salon and stylist has the final say on what is appropriate and they will make the best arrangements for the new moms, the babies and the other clients.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Georgia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2003 at 12:46pm
Hi Karen,

We have "Baby Day" at our salon which means that babies are welcome but other times, especially busy days, we ask mom's to make other arrangements or schedule on Baby Day.

Georgia
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic