Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I GOT A JOB!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I GOT A JOB!
    Posted: August 26 2003 at 10:12pm
Weeeee! Someone got fed up and quit last week at Sesame! And guess who got his job?? Pretty much the very-next-day?! Yippie!

It's not the most glamourous work, but that doesn't bother me too much. At least now I will soon be full time staff and can go to grad school on the company tab! Way-hey! That's what I've really been wanting, having been a freelancer/temp at this place for 2 years now. :)

Anyway, that's why I've been kind of absent lately. My new job does not involve me sitting at a computer, so I don't get on the internet near as often as I used to.

More later! Must get to bed. Zzzzzz.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
tina m View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2003 at 10:58pm
Oh good SG! I'm glad you found a new job!.
tina
Mylissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mylissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2003 at 7:26am
SG - Congrats to you!!! Know all too well how frustrating the job-hunting process can be. Hope all goes well for you!!

Later girl
Mylissa
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2003 at 8:00am
Yay, yay, yay! Congratulations! So what is this intriguing new job?
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2003 at 12:09pm
CooooL, SG...what is the job ? Give us the scoop.
Happy Day!
SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2003 at 9:44pm
Oh yeah, I forgot to say what the job was!

I'm a technician in the Technical Operations department. I get to tinker with video equipment all day! It's like being in school again! :) It's very different from the desk jobs I've had for the past 2 years, doing office production work.

My job involves a lot of running tapes from the vast Sesame library, and tweaking them to make them broadcast quality, etc. etc. I get to watch a good amount of old Sesame stuff! Weeee! I worship Grover.
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2003 at 3:55am
That's wonderful SG!!!! Congratulations! I'm so glad your perseverence there paid off for you.

Elissa
xoxoxoxoxox
[/url]

Brent E. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2003 at 11:32am
Best to you Super Grover in your new job!
KathyAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KathyAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2003 at 1:02am
Congrats from me also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Helps economically too a little doesn't it.
Spaci32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spaci32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2003 at 11:34pm

Hey Traci that is so great!!! I am happy for you. I know what it feels like to keep working towards a job and frustratingly it never comes, but when it does the work feels totally worth it.

Traci
A wish is a desire without any attempt to attain its end.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic