Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

straight hair = happy me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: straight hair = happy me
    Posted: February 27 2003 at 8:02pm
I had my hair straighten 6 times in the past 2 month. i had my hair colured after that. You know what happen? It became brittle, dry, and very harsh. but that was weeks ago. After countless off hair breakage due to combing. My hair now is just the way I like. Straight, copper( my natural colour is asian black) and manageble. How I kept it good looking. I never fail to wash it and condition it with a very hydrating conditoner. I also use styling product to keep it straight and moisturized. I looks good and I am happy. Anyone with me?
ARGHH
GaGa A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaGa A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2003 at 7:36am
Hey claribuzz, I am a guy too and have my hair relaxed / straightened every now and again and I really love it straight. My hair is also black (I get asked if my hair's dyed!) but curly to wavy.
I have used in the past ARTec's texturesmooth and was very happy with the result and then I tried Phytospecific Phytorelaxer, I like the last one too but did not make my hair as straight as ARTec but I love how it leaves my hair supper shiny and soft.
I am going to have it straightened in three weeks’ time again (I had it done 6 weeks ago) but not sure if I should use ARTec or Phytorelaxer! I have both of them at home and my other half did a good job with Phytorelaxer but never tired ARTec at home.
What product do you use to relax your hair?
Please let me know.
Cheers
GaGa A
PS. It is good to know that I am not the only guy that relaxes his hair :o)
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2003 at 8:28pm
Well I am not living inthe US so I have no idea what the products you use, but I read it on Hairboutique, so it must be really great stuff to use. I live in Malaysia and since I am a student with VERY minimum amount of cash, I just by the profesional relaxer cream, that my hairdresser use. You dont know the ingredients because its either in Mandarin or the dont write it down. So none of that, makes your hair shiny,smell good, stuff. Just plain old ammonium thisulphate. My hairdresser told me its the same type of creme she uses for curling hair. You know I know a lot of guys in my college have their hair relaxed DIY or in the salon. You can sometime smell the chemical lingering around the dorm : )
ARGHH
GaGa A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaGa A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2003 at 7:18am
I don’t live in the USA either. I used to live in Australia and now I live in Europe. Back in Australia I could have my hair relaxed reasonably cheap and it worked really well. Only a few times I went to an expensive hairdresser but their relaxer did not last longer than three weeks! In Europe is really expensive to have your hair relaxed and since I read that you can use Phytorelaxer at home, I bought it from Paris for only US$ 25.00 and I’ve only used the quarter of the product and my partner does it at home. It makes your hair straight, shiny, soft and it doesn’t smell.
Some of the products that were used on my hair in the past smell like your hair is burning especially when you wash it.
You said you had your hair straighten 6 times in the past 2 month! I read that you must have done once every three months! But I never wait for three months LOL and wouldn’t have it done that often in a short time LOL.
Now I have Phytorelaxer in my hair but would like to use ARTec's texturesmooth in 2-3 weeks’ time but I am a bit nervous!
What do you use to maintain it health and what is the ionic perming method?
GaGa A
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2003 at 7:24pm
glad to hear from you gaga
well i have asian black type of hair and it is short. Asian is already very thick so it is resistant to chemicals. So that why i had it straighten every 2 weeks, to keep it straight. Well of course my hair is fried, yes it feels like dried grass. beauty comes at a price, a price that i was willing to take. since my hair is fairly short, i ALWAYS have gel on it. I applied when my hair is wet, so the wet look ( healthy look) stays for the rest of the day. I also used olive oil before i apply my gel, coz oil floats on water, so technically the olive oil will prevent water from escaping my hair. so my hair stays moisturize.
but this technique is only suitable for people who like the wet look. It cheap and it works for me.
Ionic perming.... i really dont know about that. ionic straightnig yes. Fancy name but it is really a normal relaxing process except they use a flat iron as apart of the process. Very cheap in Asian country at certain salons though.

ARGHH
Gaga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2003 at 4:52am
Last Saturday I had my hair relaxed/straightened using ARTec's texturesmooth and so much for my anticipation, it DID NOT WORK! My hair is barely straight and the roots are STILL wavy.
Claribuzz, I think I will relax/straighten my hair in four weeks time but this time I am gonna use Phytospecific Phytorelaxer at least it does not leave my hair dry like ARTec does.
You seem to know a lot of techniques about keeping the hair moisturize. I used to use coconut oil, which moisturizes and makes my hair shiny and healthy looking but I have discovered that it doesn’t work with every relaxer/straightener! When I use coconut oil while my hair is relaxed/straightened my hair seems to go back to being wavy /curly until I wash the coconut oil out! Strange!
It is too long to wait for four weeks but what can I do!
Claribuzz, do you have tricks or techniques that you could tell me? I am gonna leave the relaxing solution on my hair for a bit longer.
I red in hairboutique.com that the longer the relaxing solution is left on, the longer the effects will last and the straighter the hair will be. However, the longer the solution is left on, the more risk there is of damage to the hair.
How long is longer???
Well, as yousaid ‘beauty comes at a price’, besides, My hair was once badly damaged but the roots were very healthy and shiny but I had to cut it all off!
Any thoughts?
Thanks.
Gaga
See the Positive in all Situations
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2003 at 7:00am
thanks gaga
well how long is long...
hmmm the longest i left it on is 1 hour for the relaxer.
but dont do it to much though. after like the 4th time i relaxed it i just leave it on for 35 minutes.
curly with coconut oil huh? well my friend told me that his hairdresser told him some oil are considered "hot" so it will cause the hair to curl. thats why if you had your hair straight dont use a hair dryer. leave it slighly damp so it will be straight and it will stay straight if you put gel on it the whole day while looking moisturize. Also dont shampoo every day, shampoo every 3 days. resist the urge. i did. saved money on shampoos now
ARGHH
Gaga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2003 at 6:36am
Claribuzz, You left the relaxer on for 1 whole hour? You are one brave man. What relaxer do you usually use?
I never use a hair dryer, I hate the damn thing. I like the wet/moisturize look ( healthy look). When my hair was relaxed by a professional using ARTec's solution I then used coconut oil and my hair was very happy with it and so was I but with other solutions my hair always went curly!
I wash my hair everyday but try to shampoo every other day. Once a week I give it a deep conditioning using Phytocitrus mask. I leave it on for 1 hour. It makes my hair so shiny and soft, it is an amazing product. I use also Phytocitrus shampoo, Phyto 9 or PhytoSpecific - Moisturizing Styling Balm and I am trying to get my hands on PhytoSpecific - Optimal Hydration Milk Conditioner. It is costly but hey, as you rightly said ‘beauty comes at a price’
And once in awhile I mix one egg with olive oil and apply it on my hair and leave it for half hour, man does that stink or what!! Make sure to wash it our with cold water other wise the egg will cook in you hair LOL
Here is what I did this morning Claribuzz, I mixed Phytocitrus mask with ARTec's texturesmooth relaxer and added a little bit of milk (yes, what we drink) to make it easier to apply since the solution is so thick and put it on mainly the front part of my hair and left it for 15 minutes. I tell you I was ready to go and cut my hair all off but it looks like it has worked. My hair moves every times I move my head
Will let you know how it looks in the coming days.
Cheers
Gaga
See the Positive in all Situations
Vineman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vineman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2003 at 5:55pm
Is there a way to straighten your hair without damaging it?
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2003 at 7:31pm
nope sorry
when you go against nature you will destroy her
once you straigten your hair it will be damaged
you are forcing it to do what it is not meant to do
but you can minimised the damage by using certain products. when you have it straigten, the hair will lose protein so you have to feed you hair with protein. there are many products out their that feeds you hair. you just have to know which one is right for you based on your hair condition and BUDGET
ARGHH
Susan Lewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2003 at 10:32am
Hi Everyone,
This is my first post to your site. Straightening is on everyone mind today - some good and not so good results.
I am a vertern hairdresser (30+ years) found a fantastic straightening system by Farouk - CHI. Works famously and leaves the hair like silk.
I check out many other comapnies before choosing Farouk. This what we use in may salon. A suggestion, find a salon who uses CHI, I do not think you will be dissaponted.
nancy mercado View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nancy mercado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2003 at 9:48am
Hi everyone

I would like an opinion on the phyto relaxer.
Does it keeps your hair from frizzing in high hu-
midity?

thank you
nanay
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic