Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

perm??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
blondetrumpet26 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondetrumpet26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: perm??
    Posted: April 22 2003 at 8:05pm
Hi! I have layered hair that is a little longer than my shoulders. My hair is blonde (it's not light blonde but maybe lighter than dirty blonde. i think it's getting darker though), thin, and straight but can get a little bit wavy in some spots because I put my hair behind my ears. My hair looks nice after I blowdry it but then it either gets weighed down by hairspray or it sticks up or out. I tried putting different amounts of hairspray on but it doesn't work. I want curly hair. I want to get a perm when my hair grows to about half way down my back. My sister's wedding is about one year and a half away. I want to get highlights for her wedding. I heard that coloring your hair and getting a perm dries out your hair. Is that true? Is there anything I can do with my hair instead of getting a perm? Please help.
papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2003 at 10:56am
Multiple chemical treatments to your hair can make it really really dry, and really damaged as well. Try using mousse when you blow dry your hair to scrunch it to form waves.

If you want curls but not perm your hair, you should try a curling iron. There's so many things you can do with the different barrel sizes. Small barrel for little curls, and large barrel for waves.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic