Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Weird White Spots At Edge Of Nail?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Merrill Brennan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrill Brennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weird White Spots At Edge Of Nail?
    Posted: March 01 2003 at 9:32am
I have a weird problem. I get these really weird spots right at the edge of my nails. Actually it is right at the edge of the white part. I have no idea why and there doesn't seem to be a good reason. The spot hurts and is tender and it feels like I smashed it or something, except that I didnt. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Does anyone else get these?

Mine show up for no reason and last for about 7-10 days and then they disappear as mysteriously as they popped up.

I just thought I would ask because no one ever seems to know what this is.

Thanks,
Merrill
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2003 at 7:53pm
If it hurts, there is a possibility of a nail fungus. I would reccomend you see your doctor about it.

Good luck and keep us informed
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Blah blah chick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blah blah chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2003 at 10:11pm
It might just be a bruise on your nail. It happens to me all the time. You just need to wait until it grows out so you can then clip it off. If you can't stand it then you can always paint over it. No biggie!
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be
wonderful" -Annette Funicello
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2003 at 7:00pm
I was told lots of times from multiple people years ago that the white spots that sometimes appears on your nail, like on top of where your nail bed is, is from lack of calcium. I was told to drink more milk or calcium containing products (cheese).

I am not saying this is fact, but something worth trying. Since I had heard that and your problems sound the same, I wanted to let you know.
whitney_brett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney_brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2003 at 5:00pm
I heard it was a lack of potassium...so I ate a lot on bananas when I was little. Didn't work, and now bananas make me sick
"Honey, I've always said if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside!" ~ Karen Walker ...~*Whitney*~...
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2004 at 8:54am
bananas make me sick too.... i dont know what the white spot thingy issue is i use to get those

now if i have my hand in something oily or in water for a long time the white part becomes clear and part of it comes back.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic