Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

acrylics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wheeler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheeler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: acrylics
    Posted: April 27 2003 at 1:59pm
I was thinking about getting acrylics but I know that once you start you kinda have to keep up with it because it destroys your nailbed. I was just wondering about how much money on average you would say you spend on fillings per month. Also are they hard to get used to at first or do you catch on really quickly. I would think that things like writting and typing, etc., could be quite the challenge at first.
Until you value yourself, you will not value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
- M. Scott Peck
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2003 at 9:33pm
I get fills every other week, and it costs $20 + tip (I tip about $3-$5, depending on how good the job is and how much extra $$$ I happen to have).

I have never had a problem with getting used to them or anything like that. Typing with them is pretty easy, as long as you don't keep them ridiculously long.

I find acrylics infinitely better than silk or linen wraps (and more affordable).

I've been getting them done like this for years. My nail guy changes them as needed. I feel very good about acrylics.

Please let us know how it goes!

Elissa
[/url]

Trixie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trixie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2003 at 7:47pm
Yes, the wonderful world of Acrylics. I recently got acrylics again after 2 years of having none. I definately love them and love to have pretty hands. They are worth it!!!
Christina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2003 at 5:00pm
ive had arcyirics on and off since i was 13.
(im 19 now) I had them for 6 months straight last year and since then ive been having aryrilic wraps on. i change them every 2 months. I love having longs nails and now that they are my own i take great care of them, i feel naked with short nails.
curlyteen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote  curlyteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2003 at 8:24pm
it is very hard to get used to nails because of the cloths. i mean you HAVE and you WILL get used to it hopefully in a 2 days i say. thanks {i too am goimg to get my nails done clear or arcyirics same thang } bye
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 1:36am
>>>>I find acrylics infinitely better than silk or linen wraps (and more affordable).

I'm just curious -- why did you find silk better than acrylic? Although I wear natural nails now, I've worn both acrylic and silk, and I personally found that the silk looked much more natural on me. Acrylics always were so thick that they didn't look natural in the least on me.

However, I also realize that the skill of the person applying them makes a HUGE difference! But I did have acrylics put on by no less than 7 or 8 people, but I never did find anyone who could make them look natural, unfortunately.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2003 at 6:48am
Jennifer,

The silk wrap process always took longer, especially when they had to be changed. With acrylics, my guy just removes the ones that are no longer viable as he goes, without that torturous soaking/pulling off.

The silk process was also much more expensive, and on top of all of this I find no difference in the way they look.

So I've been much happier with the acrylics. I am sure it's just a matter of personal preference.

Elissa
[/url]

NewOrleansLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewOrleansLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2003 at 10:25pm
I've worn acrylics for years. I paid $20 for a full set and anywhere from $12-$15 for refills depending on where I got them refilled at. I almost always had a french manicure or american manicure so I could go about 3 weeks between refills.
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but, wish we didn't."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic