Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The cost of acrylic fills

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The cost of acrylic fills
    Posted: August 13 2003 at 4:11am
I pay $17 near home for acrylic fills. Last weekend, I went to a shop in the town I'll be living in beginning next month and it was $25! Yikes! Granted, it was a pretty fancy shop, but there are others all around it and I have the feeling this is the going rate in that area.

I know it varies by geographic area, but I'd like to get an idea of what others pay around the US. Thanks!
[/url]

demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2003 at 9:37am
When I lived in Atlanta I paid only $13.00 for a regular fill. That was because the competition was so steep. When I moved to the country it was $15.00 (I use Vietnamese shops only) and now here in small town south Florida it is $17.00 for a regular fill but since I do pink and white it is $25.00. Worth it though since I only go for a fill every three or four weeks (this time around it has been five weeks but they are getting nasty).
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
Sum1sumwere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sum1sumwere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2003 at 3:02pm
I live in Pittsburgh, PA and just about everywhere the prices are the same unless someone is having a special. Usually a full set $25.00 and a fill-in is $15.00. Most airbrush designs go from $3 to $10.00. When anyone has a special going on it's usually $5.00 less on anything.
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2003 at 6:22pm
I live in Plano, Texas and used to get my nails done in Frisco, Texas a neighboring city. I paid $28.00 for fills. Granted you can find them much cheaper, but I have found that in this area atleast, you pay for what you get. With the places that offer it cheaper, the technicians were making major ridges in my nails with the drills (files) and they would break.
MoNiCaxOC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNiCaxOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2004 at 1:05pm
I'm in Orange County, CA and I get P&W fills which are $20 (without tip). A full set runs me about $30.
This is because I can spell konfusion with a K
It's hard to like it
It's to dying in anothers arms
And why i had to try it...
- Something Corporate "Konstantine"
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 7:29pm
Yeah Atlanta is like $17.99 + for full set b/c there are Vietmanese nail shops on every block in the hood and in the suburbs. A fill-in is like $11. But you can also get deals [manicure & pedicure (spa or regular)]. Around prom time they have so many prom specials.

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
mysty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 12:48pm

I go to a shop here where I live, one of a few, there Vietnemese and charge 12.00 for a fill which is not bad at all I just had mine re done a week  ago.  Does anyone know how long they should stay on before you have them off for your nails to breath or does it matter??

Thanks 

Cindy

8 months to *Mid-Back*..give or take!
naildiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naildiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 9:36pm

Hmmm.  Well, you get what you pay for.  I personally woul;d never go to a place that cheap.  What are the reasons that they are so cheap?  Is it because they are fast?  If they are so fast, when do they have time to clean?  What products do they use?  90% of the salons with prices that cheap are using illegal (yes you read right) acrylic.  The reason they can charge so little is that the illegal stuff costs 1/10 of the price of legal stuff.  Want more info?  Go to www.beautytech.info.  Its a consumer site dealing with the issues in these types of salons.  Are all of them bad?  No.  But Many of them are. 

PS  I charge $75 for a set and $40 for a fill - using LEGAL products, disposable files and I can even talk to you about what you want from your nails.  I do not charge extra for shortening the nails, quick dry top coat and anything/everything else I could tack on there.  And yes, I AM booked solid.

CoolAzFemale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoolAzFemale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 10:36pm
Those are some steep prices!!!! I pay between $10-14 for a fill and $15-25 for a full set and everythings legit. Then again I do live in Southern Cali and theres a nail shop literally on every corner
naildiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naildiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2005 at 11:32pm
Thats good.  I know a lot of places can not sustain the prices I charge.  But I could not survive on the prices THEY charge.  I do work in a high end suburb and luxury spa, and that makes a HUGE difference!  As long as you know for a fact thy are using legal products and proper sanitation and disinfection and are not damaging your natural nails, then great!!!
L281173 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L281173 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 1:23pm
I used to pay $15 in New York for an acrylic fill in.  Now I just get my biweekly manicure and pedicure for $15.  Personally, I prefer the natural nail manicure.  The acrylic damages the nail bed and to maintain it takes too much time.
one classy, sassy female
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2006 at 2:56pm
I usually see and use to pay $15.00 for an acrylic fill in.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

angl96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angl96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 10:13am

In orgean back in 96 she charged 19.00 for a fill. She was white and didn't use a drill, all files

In Texas back in 98, 99 Vietamese shops they charged 12.00

now here in the Bay Area 2006 vietamese maybe filipino and they charge 17 some other places  19 for a fill.

curious0625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curious0625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2006 at 10:51pm
In Arizona it's probably about 15-17 for a fill, and 25-30 for a full set at the vietnamese shops(they're everywhere!) But I found a new place recently which I thought was vietamese, but it's really not. well not completely anyway. The owner is of american desent, and so are a few others that work there.Though, the majoryity of employees are probably vietnamese and It is a small shop like the rest of them, and it's definately not a high end luxury spa; But I paid $45 for a full set and $20 for a fill.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic