Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Peeling Nails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dana073 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dana073 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peeling Nails
    Posted: October 04 2003 at 11:19pm
Hi all,

Does anyone know a fix for nails that peel?? It is not the polish, but the actual nail.

Thanks a bunch!
Igor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Igor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2003 at 5:53pm
I have always suffered from soft and bendy, peeling nails, but after a year of taking silica/brewers yeast/seaweed flour tablets (that apparently can’t be found outside of Scandinavia) my nails have become a LOT stronger and I can grow them to longer than what I find comfortable
Try silica. I get 12 mgs per day and couldn’t live without it
1BCiii
Golden/reddish blonde
Growing out from 0 mm, now a little
below shoulder lenght
goosie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2004 at 11:08pm
ok. I've been googling on the subject. BAsically:
1) don't paint your nails too much with colors while trying to grow them out (except I paint mine black to keep from biting them)
2) try not to use nail polish remover too much and NEVER soak your nails in it, this dries them out. If you need remover, try to find a nourishing one.
3) Jessica's Fusion seems to work well. I haven't used it that long, but it's like a shield of armor for your nails. It protects them and keeps them from peeling
4) don't be tempted to slide one fingernail under the other and peel of layers. This is a no-no
5) wash your hands after using the restroom, etc. , but PROPERLY, with SOAP. Pat dry.
6) each time you wash your hands, rub a little lotion in.
7) spend a little time each day, maybe when watching TV to massage your hands with lotion. It improves circulation
8) don't forget your cuticles. find some cuticle oil/cream and rub it in regularly
9) Buff nails occasionally. Supposedly this increases strenght, but it does make them look shiny.

-k, hope I helped. Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic