Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trying to Stop Biting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to Stop Biting
    Posted: December 11 2003 at 4:10pm
Hi,

I'm still trying to stop biting my nails. I know that its dirty and such (read other posts about toilet seats) but I do it mostly when I'm watching TV and stuff. I will go into a movie theater and come out with nothing! I'm not ablet o go and get weekly manicures either. Haven't seen any good nail salons around here (in Germany)

I bought some of cream that makes your nails taste bad. It works good, but I don't remember to carry it with me places. I was actually looking for a nail type polish that would do the same thing. I have the Teflon Tuff, but I don't know if that is okay to leave on my nails all the time.

I also have issues with my cuticles. They get pretty long on a few nails. I don't know if I should remove them, push them back, etc.

Any advice would be appreciated!
cherrybabe605 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrybabe605 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 1:07am
I'm an EXTREMELY bad nail biter-I have been ever since i was 3. My mom tried to get me to stop

For awhile, I had really nice nails, and I even managed to stop biting!!! Know how i did it??? Nail buffing. I buffed my nails every night and used lotion that had minerals from the dead sea ((i don't think that had anything to do with it....but it sounds fancy )) and in about 2 weeks, I had really long nails. I kept them for about 6 weeks, and then they started breaking and I got into volleyball, and I had to cut them off to play. I got so mad at them one day ((don't ask)) that I bit them off again and now, I'm back in the bad habit. My opinion is-if your nails look horrid because you bite them, you subconsiously tell yourself "aw, go ahead anyway....your nails are already crap" I had some fake ones put on for a dance at our school and the whole week they stayed on, my fingers were nowhere near my mouth

try the nail buffing--it really works. Rub some cuticle oil in afterwards. It'll make your nails really shiny and make them look beautiful, no matter how short they are. Whenever you go to put your nail in your mouth to bite on it, the oil will rub against your lips and you won't want to bite, trust me. I got into another habit-rubbing my nails on my lips...lol my nails were so shiny after buffing that I sat there rubbing them on my skin all the time....trust me, it works!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic