Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No Offense

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simone_Beautiful_Soul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone_Beautiful_Soul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Offense
    Posted: October 04 2004 at 9:35pm
But I stopped wearing nails because they seem "Too ghetto" for me now, im not trying to be stuck up or call anyone with nails ghetto, but i guess its just the way I see females over here wearing them. Maybe it's juss me.
Beauty Is Invisible To The Eye, But
Visible To The Soul- Simone
RPA65284 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPA65284 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 8:03pm
I agree,I think they are on their way out! Of course you wouln't believe it by the nail salons on every corner!
Have you noticed all the TV, movie , famous people or whatever you call them do NOT wear them anymore!!
Judi
gslim southernboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gslim southernboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2004 at 5:11pm
r yall girls fine
G Slim
jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2005 at 7:25pm
I think it depends on the length and color you choose. I don't get my nails done all the time, but when I do, I get polish only (a neutral color) and I get them short. In the summer I may get a simple design but I hate it too when girls get those bright, long airbrushed nails.

Edited by jasmine2g3

My hair idol
Transitioning
Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
Texture:3c
*~*~* Jazz*~*~*
masonbetha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonbetha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2005 at 8:57pm
damn jasmine u foine girl can i get ya numba

curliegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curliegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 1:42am
Ok, i think it maybe just you. fake nails arent "ghetto" they are only that way if they are like 3 inches long and neon green with purple stripes. the way you make it seem is that ALL nails are ghetto. If you have french tiped nails or neutrally painted they arent ghetto, infact they look clean cut and professional, but thats my oppinion.
wannabecurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabecurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 12:55am
I don't post here often but I just had to pipe in on this one. I have worn acrylics for about 15 years. I don't think all acrylics are "ghetto". Currently I have clear gel nails that look like clear polish on my nails. I love them. They aren't long just 1/4 inch long at the tips but they look very professional. I don't think that acrlyics will be out anytime soon. For me I need them, I have a bad habit that they acrylics help with. I'll be wearing mine forever.
Nikkipatiently waiting for the hair I dream of. 1c/m/ii
Kim328 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim328 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 5:52pm
I have to agree about the short pink and neutral colored ones looking good, but I personally won't even wear those anymore because of all the damage it does to the real nail.  It is encouraging to see others not wearing them... doesn't make me feel like the odd ball anymore.

Edited by Kim328
pink1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pink1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 11:57am
if ur nails are 10 inches long then maybe
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic