Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ridges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hitails View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ridges
    Posted: March 17 2005 at 10:41am
Hi All
Get all kinds of views about ridges - would be interested to hear more.
What is the main cause of ridges

Thanks all
Ems 
www.nailsnstuff.co.uk
Nails, Hair, Beauty & Alt Therapies
Come Strut Your Stuff
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 10:15pm

Ahhh well ridges hmmm that is permanent damage to the nail bed and mantle of the nail. That is due to a nail tech not knowing WTF they are doing.

Typically this occurs in these asian chop shop so called nail salons where one person is licensed and about 20 people work there. It's usually caused by a inexperienced nail tech working on someones nails with an electric drill that rotates about 5000 rpm and causes permanent damage to the nail bed and mantle of the fingernail.

It can simply be done with a hand file vs an electric nail drill which is basically nothing more than a dremel motor tool that you would buy at Home Depot.

One word of advice if you see someone starting to use a electric drill say "I DON'T WANT THAT USED ON MY NAILS!" If they say it's ok you say...yer right it's ok if you are gonna use a regular nail file but I don't want my nails permanently JACKED UP by an inexperienced nail tech who has no F'in clue what they are doing with a nail drill.

PS - Avoid the asian chop shops at all costs!!! They are notorious for permanently damaging nails by using the drill while doing acrylics.

Cheers

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic