Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hating my new haircut, please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
music83lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music83lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hating my new haircut, please help
    Posted: March 26 2005 at 12:01pm
My friends talked me into a haircut so I got it cut a couple days ago and when the stylist styled it, I liked it, but now I HATE it. I am so mad at myself that I let myself get talked into it. I want my hair to grow back as quickly as possible. Are there any products that will aid me in getting my hair longer quickly?
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 3:26am
If you liked it at first, maybe the problem is just that you don't know how to style it?  You could maybe go back to the stylist and have her teach you how to style it, or just take an evening when you have nothing to do and play with it and see what you can get it to do.
More awesome than a manatee!
goddess_mels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess_mels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 12:18am
How long is your hair and what sort of cut? Does it have any "layers" or shorter pieces? If so, it will look FANTASTIC with most of it up and a few wisps hanging down. Maybe you could describe the cut better so we can give you suggestions on how to wear it while it grows out.

I find clips to be my savior--you know, those teeny-tiny ones? A bunch of those in the front keep bangs back and make the rest fall down in really cool ways.
Mels

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music83lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 9:13am
Actually, I went to my friend who is a hair stylist, who I should have gone to in the first place, and she fixed it. I look and feel that I look a lot better. My hair is now sorter, but not so short that I can't live with it and it will be fine for my New York trip in August (I HAVE to look cute in NYC). Anyway, yeah, it does have a lot of layers in it. My hair is about an inch or two longer than my jaw bone, but doesn't touch my shoulders, so it is hard for me to pull it back without a lot of it falling out of the clip, but I usually wear it down anyway, though I wish I was more creative with my hair than that. I also have sweeping bangs now which I like.
goddess_mels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess_mels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 10:55am

Oooooooooooooh. How do you get your bangs to sweep? I'm growing mine out and they're finally at top-of-eye level (I had cut them super-short) and they just don't "sweep".

It sounds like your hair is very cute. Maybe it just took some fine-tuning courtesy of your friend, and some getting used to.

Mels

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music83lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2005 at 8:47am
How I get my bangs to sweep is part them on one side of my head and push them to the other side (I think that is what a sweeping bang is, hope I am discribing that well). I use a little product (Badazz Stuff, I love it. It is kind of like a paste I want to say) to give my hair a "piecey" look and to keep the frizz away, since I am "training" my hair to part on the side (it has always been down the middle, not so flattering for me) I really like it like that. I grew my bangs out about a year and a half ago and it seemed like it took forever, so I know how you feel about growing them out. I never want to go back to straight across bangs again. I love the sweeping bangs! Hope it works for you.

I have gotten a lot of compliments since I got it fixed. Yeah, it certainly needed my friend's genius cutting and styling skills. She is the one that actually put in the sweeping bangs and was able to fix the disaster that I got from someone else that I mentioned in my first post on this thread. She is a genius! I never want to go to anyone else! I guess I can never move!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic