Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

female mullet haircut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ricksnip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksnip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: female mullet haircut
    Posted: April 07 2005 at 6:57am

has anyone out there got any photos of sexy mullet hair styles for women? my girl friend is about to get one cut and is in need of some photos to give to her hairdresser. thanks

eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 2:00pm
for real?  i didn't think there was such thing as a sexy mullet, not to be mean or anything, but......

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 2:27pm

I suppose some lucky women can look sexy in virtually any style - but they are very few and far between.  My wife used to have one in the mid 1990's until the light suddenly dawned on her .....

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
ricksnip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricksnip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 3:54pm
well the only photo we can find is of elena anaya and she looks sexy with a mullet! so more photos like her would be good if anyone has any! don't worry she isn't going to get a terrible 80's style mullet
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 4:13pm
Laughing here, greenjello. I was thinking the exact same thing, and was
going to post something about it being the first time I'd ever read "sexy"
and "mullet" in the same sentence. Great minds think alike, I guess...
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2005 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by ricksnip ricksnip wrote:

has anyone out there got any photos of sexy mullet hair styles for women? my girl friend is about to get one cut and is in need of some photos to give to her hairdresser. thanks

If she is the one who needs the photos, why don't you have her register here so she can join us and post what she's looking for?
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 12:27am

I may be reading too much into the last post, but given a very recent thread some people have apparently formed a perception that if you are male and posting on this board then you must have a hair fetish, with the possible exception of professional hairstylists who may be offering advice.  Whilst this may be the case in a minority of cases I don't believe it represents the norm.  Certainly the celebrity board engenders a range of opinions on various celebrity styles from long to short, without any hint of an allegation that people have a "fetish".

The original message is a simple request.  It doesn't imply in any way that he is forcing his girlfriend into having a hairstyle against her will or even that he has a "fetish" for mullets ... .  In any case I'm sure Ricksnip is perfectly capable of searching the web for the pictures in the same way that his girlfriend could, and thereby indulging any desired fetish without entering the public arena.

To me it doesn't really matter who posts the message - and it is meant to be a forum for short hair topics.  Its variety and vibrancy would certainly diminish to the detriment of all if it were restricted to a female only board, which would be a most peculiar form of censorship.

rwt2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwt2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 11:23am

I want to weigh in on both directions this thread has taken.

First, the idea that the fact that a man is posting on the board ostensibly with the intention of helping out a wife or girlfriend.

Isn't it ironic? How often have women complained their partners don't take enough interest in their hairstyles, or fashion sense, or what have you? So, is that urban myth so programmed into us that when we encounter a man interested in these issues that it raises red flags for us?

If a woman posted on a men's wear forum asking about a blue suit for her man, would we tersely suggest her husband should be the one asking?

And on the issue of mullets. How short is our memory. I remember when the first mullets appeared. I remember how my friends cooed over the Playboy Centrefold Cyndi Wood with her shag (read:mullet). And it wasn't just the men. Women streamed into salons to have the latest shag.

So, was everyone wrong? I don't think so. I don't think the mullet is intrinsically bad, not worse that any other hair trend. We might put a negative connection on mullets because it seems that the people that held onto them through the nineties and even today get stereotyped, Trendy stylists turned up their noses at them just as the trendy stylists in their day embraced them.

How about we stop being sheep in our mass rush to love or hate any hairstyle, and allow people to experiment and have fun with their hair and use it to express themselves, rather than just repeat current wisdom about what's cool?

If RickSnip and his lady find one they like, congratulations. Enjoy and have fun.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 10:10pm
Or maybe it's just that ricksnip has posted so many requests for photos of women's hair that it might be reasonable to be suspicious.

A thread
rwt2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rwt2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 12:29pm

LOL

Yes, well it would seem he is is unusually enthusiastic about the topic, doesn't it!

Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2005 at 2:33pm

Well eKatherine you've certainly got a better memory than me & yes I'd agree that the content was somewhat dubious - although I hardly call thirteen posts in just under a year "many".

Perhaps there was such a rush of women in response to the message ...

Magua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 6:24pm
 So what is a mullet

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2005 at 8:59pm
Short and fluffy on top and in the front (and sometimes the sides), longer in the back.

Mullets Galore

Don't forget to check out the mullet of the week (MOTW).
Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2005 at 6:59am

Why oh why would anyone want a Mullet Hairdo. Especially a female! I see them on people and I just can't help but snicker it's the worst hairstyle of ALL-TIME!!!

Ricksnip seems like a Troll IMO!

HD_EU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD_EU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 6:46am

Originally posted by eKatherine eKatherine wrote:

Short and fluffy on top and in the front (and sometimes the sides), longer in the back.

Mullets Galore

Don't forget to check out the mullet of the week (MOTW).

had a good laugh with your tongue-in-cheek last line.  It is awesome EKatherine!  Thanks for the laugh.

kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2005 at 1:34pm
GREAT mullet site, eKatherine. I laughed my butt off. That MOTW guy is
FIERCE!

Funny personal mullet story--In 1981 my stylist gave me a "hot" new
look that was then called a "bi-level" cut. It was shorter and about the
same length all around the top and crown, then quite a bit longer in the
back. The whole lovely look was completed by a tight, kinky-curled
perm. I wore this style for about a year, until my fine, porous hair just
couldn't take another intense perm and most of it came off in the perm
rods. I got tons of positive feedback about that 'do: I had strangers
coming up to me all the time asking where they could get one just like it.
Looking back, I was a pre-mullet pioneer. In pictures (no, I won't post
any ) I looked like a poodle!

Another funny/sad mullet story -- Last year my partner's grandmother
died. The mortuary was located in an area well-known for people living a
redneck lifestyle. As we were walking away from the gravesite, we
noticed an elaborate headstone of a young man who had died a few years
earlier. The headstone included a large picture of the young man,
complete with a classic mullet hairdo! We chuckled to think of being
memorialized for time eternal sporting a mullet. This year, my partner's
grandfather was laid to rest next to his wife. We made a point of
returning to the grave of the young mullet-headed guy to pay our
regards.