Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

how to thicken baby’s hair??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
abeka24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abeka24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to thicken baby’s hair??
    Posted: April 08 2005 at 1:29pm
My daughter is turning 3 and her hair has always been very fine and thin.  It also falls out easy.  I get it trimmed often but it just won't get thicker.  Is there anything I can do to thicken it up?
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 3:17pm

Hi Abeka,

Unfortunately the texture we are dealt genetically is pretty much what we will have throughout our lives.  If your daughter has fine and thin hair, it probably will stay that way throughout her life.  Adults with fine/thin hair have some options such as using volume enhancing products or root lifters, but I am not sure that I would even recommend that you do anything about the texture at this point...until she is a little older.

If thin/fine hair doesn't run in your genetic mix then you can hope that as she gets older her hair will naturally get fuller.  At this point, only time will tell.

My apologies for not having more suggestions.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
abeka24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abeka24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2005 at 6:04pm
Well, her father has thick hair(so far as I can tell, it's short) and I have been told that my hair is either fine or thin but I have tons of it.  Hopefully it will thicken with time....it just seems like I've been waiting so long!  Thanks for trying to help though!
jodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 1:28pm
Hi I heard that shaving a new born babies head brings the hair in thicker and fuller! it saves waiting untill the hair has enough length to cut of the baby "fluffy" hair. not that this is any use to your 3 year old, i just thought i would add this info and try to find out if it's true?
*jodie*
   X
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 1:36pm

Unfortunately the belief in shaving a baby's head to help hair grow thicker is an old wives tale. 

Although some cultures, especially in the Far East believe that this may help....there is no scientific or other evidence to support this. 

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
baller5000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 6:00pm
i don't know what to say is that ok 
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 9:30pm
there really isnt much you can do to thicken someones hair out, it may always be thin or it may thicken. If you start using jojoba oil it can help stimulate growth by massageing it on the scalp.
Babycheeks
chocomom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocomom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2006 at 9:33am
try wild growth hair oil its all natural and promotes healthy thick hair and is for all hair types

Edited by Karen Shelton - June 27 2006 at 9:55am
ithank you for my blessing of MY CHILD!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2006 at 5:41pm

Don't worry about it. My little sister had really thin hair until she was about  4 years old. I remember mom complaining about how she (my sister) only had 3 hairs LOL. All of the sudden, her hair just started to get thicker and thicker. Until this day (she is now 29) She has the most hair out of all of us. It is so thick and full and beautifull, when she blow dries, she looks  like one of those girls in a Pantene or Aussie commercial. Some babies have thick hair from the bigining. Others get it later, so don't loose hope yet.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic