Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NAIL BITERS?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
trickyish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trickyish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NAIL BITERS?
    Posted: April 19 2005 at 3:22pm

Somebody please help me out...

Yes, unfortunately I am a nail biter (ew) and I am wondering how I can stop?

Ive tried those "nail biter" nail polish stuff once or twice, but it didn't work that well.

I hope to get some replies. Thanks!

cindyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 4:46pm

Hi Trickyish:

I too have been a nail biter for my whole life.  At 52, I met a new man who it seems to drive totally crazy.  On top of the biting, I pick at the skin around the nails too.  I think I am on to stopping though.  I have tried to stop so many times, but now I have real incentive.  I had acrylic nails put on.  Not long ones because they would drive me even more crazy, but they are very short, just above the fingers, and rounded, very natural.  They are extremely hard, and there is no way they can be bitten through.  I've had them on for a little over two weeks now, and just gone in to have them filled for the first time.  I love the new look, and my boyfriend is so thrilled,also.  Why not give it a try.  Let me know,

Cindyc

trickyish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trickyish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2005 at 8:23pm

That sounds like a good idea.

Thank you so much, I'm going to give that a try and see how it goes.

linz_legrand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linz_legrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 12:20am
Hey

I also have a terrible nail biting problem (also the skin around the nail) but I'm 16 and don't have the money for acrylic nails.  I have tried "bad-tasting" polish (i thought it tasted like nachos ) with no luck.  I have yet to determine what triggers me to bite them, but I've narrowed it down to stress and boredom (which is how I spend most of my time -- haha).

Any less expesnive alternatives?

Thanx,
- Linz
cherrybabe605 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrybabe605 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 1:01am
I'm an EXTREMELY bad nail biter-I have been ever since i was 3. My mom tried to get me to stop

For awhile, I had really nice nails, and I even managed to stop biting!!! Know how i did it??? Nail buffing. I buffed my nails every night and used lotion that had minerals from the dead sea ((i don't think that had anything to do with it....but it sounds fancy )) and in about 2 weeks, I had really long nails. I kept them for about 6 weeks, and then they started breaking and I got into volleyball, and I had to cut them off to play. I got so mad at them one day ((don't ask)) that I bit them off again and now, I'm back in the bad habit. My opinion is-if your nails look horrid because you bite them, you subconsiously tell yourself "aw, go ahead anyway....your nails are already crap" I had some fake ones put on for a dance at our school and the whole week they stayed on, my fingers were nowhere near my mouth

try the nail buffing--it really works. Rub some cuticle oil in afterwards. It'll make your nails really shiny and make them look beautiful, no matter how short they are. Whenever you go to put your nail in your mouth to bite on it, the oil will rub against your lips and you won't want to bite, trust me. I got into another habit-rubbing my nails on my lips...lol my nails were so shiny after buffing that I sat there rubbing them on my skin all the time....trust me, it works!
aimee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aimee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 3:54am

cherrybabe605
I got so mad at them one day ((don't ask)) that I bit them off again and now, I'm back in the bad habit. My opinion is-if your nails look horrid because you bite them, you subconsiously tell yourself "aw, go ahead anyway....your nails are already crap"

youre totally right thats my problem too :)

cindyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cindyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2005 at 6:41am

I'm still sticking to my artificial nails, although I've gone to the silk wraps now because they are more natural and do not fall off...ever.  Cost just a little more but way more worth it.  Haven't had ugly nails in over 6 months now.  My boyfriend loves the look and I even have a shiny new diamond engagement ring now...which would have looked horrible on those ugly nails before.  Good luck in finding your solutions.....I found mine.  Artificial worked for me.

Cindy

Cindy
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 11:57am
I grew my nails out for like two months. I was so proud of myself. But the other day I bit them. I was depressed and one of them was chipping so I did the whole 'They're all crap anyway' thing and bit them all.
So now I'm going to have to try and start again!!! I'm going to try the buffing idea that Cherrybabe suggested. I also really like Nail Envy by OPI so I'm going to try and get some soon.
Anyway good luck to everyone! It's so great to know I'm not the only one who gets soooooo frustrated at tiny fingernails!
cherrybabe605 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrybabe605 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2005 at 4:19pm

lol yeah, the other day i got really mad and eventually ended up chewing them all off, so now, i have to start back from square one, but it's worth it. They look purty!!!

aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 7:57am
[QUOTE=cherrybabe605]

For awhile, I had really nice nails, and I even managed to stop biting!!! Know how i did it??? Nail buffing. I buffed my nails every night and used lotion that had minerals from the dead sea ((i don't think that had anything to do with it....but it sounds fancy )) and in about 2 weeks, I had really long nails.

Hey I just wanted to say that I've been buffing my nails every night for like 6 days and its amazing!
I bit mine down to the cuticle (honestly, I had like NO nails. But I started buffing them ever night with one of those square four-sided nail buffer things and rubbing in cuticle oil and they've grown so much so fast! It's even more than when I was using all my fancy 'speedy nail growth products.

Anyway, thanks for the advice, it really worked. I'm going to keep buffing for the next week too. And I'm going to buy my mom (also a biter) a buffer! :) Thanks again!
sammybites View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammybites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 7:08am

Try Nailtiques Formula 2 Protein treatment.

I'm just starting out with it as a nail biter/picker/player and have heard it's brilliant!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammybites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2005 at 12:26pm

I've been using the above for 5 days and the difference is amazing. They feel stronger already and they're growing at a very fast rate.

I recomend highly!

aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2005 at 2:14pm
Thanks for the tips Sammy! I'm gonna have to look for it cuz I don't think they sell it here, but I remember I used to have the nailtiques cuticle oil..so I'll just have to search the supply shops..oh, the HORROR! hehe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammybites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2005 at 10:26am

search on eBay.co.uk.

they have plenty!

dramaqueenbecca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dramaqueenbecca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 1:05pm
Hi i also bite my nails and skin around the nails and it drives my boyfriend crazy, so i went and had acrylic nails to make them look all nice and to help me stop biting.  However, i still managed to find away to bite. When the actylic nails started to grow out and there was a gap between the fake nail and my real nail i started to get my teeth oon the ridge and bite and the nail untill i bit them all off.  Sound discuting i know, anyway when i took the nails off my real nails had grown and it made not wanna bite them, so i let them grow but there was so week and just bent and split so i started biting again. Don't tink ill ever have long nails :(
Pampinetta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pampinetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 2:32pm
I used to be an extremely bad nail biter when I was younger. I managed to stop several times but only for a few days at a time. Then, a friend of mine (who I always compete with no matter what)decided to stop biting and I just couldn't let her have nicer nails than me and since then I haven't been biten my nails at all! Nothing works better than envy... 

Edited by Pampinetta
jay172005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay172005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 10:16pm

WATS UP MY LADYIES IM A FINE AND SEXY GUY IF U WANT TO EMAIL ME THEN EMAIL DARIUS_JAY2005@YAHOO.CO M

brush that hair
jay172005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jay172005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2005 at 10:17pm
OR SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE
brush that hair
Ice-Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 2:34pm
sup cute ladies what it do see yall talkin bout that nail deal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic