Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

static

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Proverbs3125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Proverbs3125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: static
    Posted: April 21 2005 at 12:41pm
I have medium length wavy brown hair.  It is fine and typically gets all frizzy and tangly when it dries.  I bought a ceramic flat iron and I have loved it till yesterday.  I have been using it for about 2 wks now and yesterday I got tons of static in my hair from using it.  I mean fly aways in the front and hair stuck to my shirt in the back.  Any tips for getting rid of static?

Edited by Proverbs3125
Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. Proverbs 31:25 KJV
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2005 at 10:10pm
Hmm.  I am not a user of flat irons but I wonder if maybe the weather changed where you live so there is less humidity in the air?  Or did you change any of the products you are using in your hair?  Or did the temperature control (if there is one) on the flat iron get moved up so that it is much hotter?  If not, you may be doing some cumulative damage to your hair with the flat iron.  We fine haired people have to be very careful with hot tools.  They can be extremely damaging.  Maybe some of the hair stylists out there can give some advise.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2005 at 12:11am
Jojoba oil is a great way to get rid of static. I've also heard about those Bounce sheets, but that probably has gunk in it that could transfer to your hair. I would try one or two drops of jojoba, massaged between the palms, and smoothed through the hair.
my LJ, 40 inches long
Proverbs3125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Proverbs3125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 3:45pm

Thanks for the advise!  You know yeah, I did change my shampoo so I bet that might have been a reason, not sure about the weather change...dont remember but im in California so the weather is usually nice here in Redwood City, even says so on our city welcome sign :)

Never even thought about dryer sheets...make sense.  Maybe Ill try rubbing it on my styling tools instead of on my hair...though im sure some of the product may rub off and find its way to my hair...but that static just drove me crazy...grrrr

jojoba oil...ill have to try that.

Thanks!

Strength and honor are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. Proverbs 31:25 KJV
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic