Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

make up for a special occasion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: make up for a special occasion
    Posted: April 23 2005 at 11:59pm

Hey every1, I have my pre wedding party on Friday night and iv been thinking about how im going to do my make up, I normally don’t wear a lot of make up and when I do its more of a natural look but as this is a special occasion I really want to look stunning. My outfit is a teal colour

Edited by Sakeenah
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 5:49am
That outfit is gorgeous ^_^ .  Maybe you could use some purple-ish lipstick to go with it, and maybe some dramatic eyeliner.  Whatever you do, stay away from teal eye make-up, though, as matching your outfit that much might be a little weird.
More awesome than a manatee!
Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 5:51am
lol yea i was a lil worried if i wore teal eyeshadow i would end up lookin like a drag queen.
akiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2005 at 5:37pm
Nice outfit :)

I'm indian as well, and these sorts of shindigs are always fun to pull out the makeup you never could use in real life, lol.

Have you considered metallics? With all that silver in the outfit, you could always pull out a nice silver shimmer. I don't think there's anything wrong with blue-ish shadow, per se, but i'd definitely keep it in a creme-based light shimmer area and not, say, a more opaque powder-based blue.

Play up the eyes and play down the lips is always my advice.  Sweeping the shadow across the lids and then putting some below (but close to) the lower lashes also looks nice. I'd honestly go more with a nude/natural lip color than purple, but that's probably because i think purple lipstick looks too harsh on me. It's hard for me to give you advice without knowing what you look like since the complexion matters just as much as the outfit. (in other words, take what I'm saying with a grain of salt :))

In general, though, us indian girls tend to make out well with almond shaped eyes that look very pretty with some dark liner, mascara, and shimmer. Also, if you have brown eyes, consider a purple shadow. Purple really makes brown eyes pop.

good luck!
Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 3:35am
im not indian, im all pale skin .
the dress has gold emroidery not silver, i had a look at some make up to day and i was thinking the same thing conserning wearing a more of a shimmer eyeshadow, there was a nice goldish colour i saw so when i go make up shopping tomorrow i might get it.

Edited by Sakeenah
kristie m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristie m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2005 at 2:22pm
I was thinking a pale gold-ish shimmer eyeshadow with smoky smudgy
liner around the eyes. Really emphasizing the eyes with a sort of middle-
eastern kohl-y look while downplaying the lips with a more natural nude/
pinkish glossy look. (All the beauty experts seem to say that you should
either go strong on the eyes or the lips, but not both at the same time.)

Pretty outfit there! You're going to be striking in those colors with your
coloring. Felicitations to you on your big day. = )
Sakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 3:10am

I went shopping today, bought

rimmel khol eyeliner in black (its the best eyeliner iv been using it ever since it came on the market)

MAC eye shadow in Honey lust witch is a gold shimmer

Maxfactor lip silk in Mellow pink

Body shop Moister face base foundation in 02

ChiChi sun ball bronzer balls (so I can have a subtle glow)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic