Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need some advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some advice
    Posted: April 26 2005 at 6:21pm

I'm have a major problem and need some advice.

I have dyed my hair for years and never encountered this problem.

I had bleached hair, then 6-8 months ago I dyed it dark brown/auburn.

I decided to go back blonde/light brown and used Clairol Born Blonde(mistake number one) although it said "non brassy no red" my hair is orange!

I called Clairol only to be told to get a stronger bleach(from the beauty supply or dye ash blonde).

I figured the ash blonde wasn't going to do much so I would get a stronger bleach and then could use a toner.

I just bleached it using a 30 vol developer and its still orange.

HELP!  I'm at a loss here other than dying it dark again(which isn't really my color so I'd rather not).

I'd like to get it back to a dark blonde/light brown.....any suggestions?

Thanks, Lisa

zany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 1:18pm

For future reference I thought I'd share my fix.

Bought Loreal medium ash blonde and Feria caramel kiss.

Put the ash on the really orange areas let sit 5 min then put the caramel all over.

Result a med/dark blonde with lots of highlights and dimension.

It worked for me anyway

Edited by zany
irishroyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2005 at 4:12pm
 WHEN CLAIROL SAID TO GET A STRONG BLEACH THEY REALLY MEAN IT, YOU'LL NEED TO APPLY THE BLEACH WITH 20VOL AND LET IT SIT UNTIL IT REACHES THE INSIDE A BANANA YELLOW, WHICH ON THE AVERAGE IS ABOUT 30 MINUTES TO 1 HOUR. BUT WHEN YOU DO THIS CHECK AFTER 15 MINUTES AND THEN EVERY 5 MINUTES THERE AFTER, WIPE OFF A PIECE WITH A WET TOWEL AND THEN MUSH BACK INTO THE BLEACH IT IT'S NOT UP. - MAGS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic