Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Old Hollywood Glamour updo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KatalystKaoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatalystKaoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Hollywood Glamour updo?
    Posted: April 28 2005 at 8:48pm

So yea....I've been looking for pictures of vintage inspired updos...but I cant find anything with enough pop for my liking...

I kinda want some thing that you could see Gwen Shaphni sporting...

This is my hair --> http://tinypic.com/4hrtrr

This is my dress --> http://tinypic.com/4qn98l

This is mt face shape --> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/KatalystKaoz/GBB17.jp g

I just need some good pictures that I can bring to the stylist so she can get a good feel for what I want...Thanks for you help.

Edited by KatalystKaoz
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 9:19pm
It's going to be really hard with your haircut, finding a style that will look authentically 40's. They didn't have layers back then, and they always waved their hair. And even if you do manage to find something, your highlights are going to be a dead giveaway. A woman would have worn her hair up with an elegant dress like you have. There would have been waves and teased rolls, but it would all have been firmly fixed in place with pins and hairspray. Even if long hair was worn down, it was never loose or free-falling, but always curled and styled into shape. Perhaps you can find some kind of attachment...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatalystKaoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2005 at 11:01am

Do you know of anything that might have a 40's feel?

It doesnt have to look authentic....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatalystKaoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 9:59am

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/curlyhairfiles/medium/p am1.jpg

Could I do Something like this with my Hair cut?

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 10:38am
First you need to do a roller set, using setting gel. Then tease it mercilessly, and try to coax it into this shape. I don't think you're going to be able to get it this high, and you might need to add in some teased synthetic hair for bulk.

You'll have to pin on some curls, probably, too. My guess is that her hair is 2-3" longer than shoulderlength allover except for the bangs.

You're going to have to drastically change your makeup to carry this off.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatalystKaoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 11:04am

Originally posted by eKatherine eKatherine wrote:

First you need to do a roller set, using setting gel. Then tease it mercilessly, and try to coax it into this shape. I don't think you're going to be able to get it this high, and you might need to add in some teased synthetic hair for bulk.

You'll have to pin on some curls, probably, too. My guess is that her hair is 2-3" longer than shoulderlength allover except for the bangs.

You're going to have to drastically change your makeup to carry this off.

The Make-up is the Easy part. A true Red lip... a thin line of Liquid liner on the top lid...Rosey cheeks and Maybe some natural looking false lashes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatalystKaoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 11:08am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic