Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

More than One Way to Skin A Cat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More than One Way to Skin A Cat
    Posted: May 02 2005 at 12:15pm

Has anybody heard their parents or Grandparents say "There is more than one way to skin a cat". I've learn that this is true in everything including get waves.

Some people have an issue with "kits". This is a problem.

Kits are not bad if you use them properly. You can't use them in the same way for every hair style.

Waves, curls, straight hair, or afro's all require different uses of a kit or be natural.

Edited by BIGGMike
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 12:21pm

People with straight hair can't tell people with very coarse hair to use only one method to get waves. It's not that simple. If it was that simple everybody would have waves wouldn't they?

People with coarse hair can't tell people with straight hair or so called "Good hair" how to use only one method. That don't make sense either.

We as a 360 Wave community can't limit ourselve to being closed minded to other methods. We welcome all methods if they work.

Edited by BIGGMike
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 12:24pm

Hair Kits, relaxers, and Conks all serve a purpose in the African American community. Can't block that or hide it.

Natural is good if you have the time and the hair for the method.

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 12:37pm

Some people spend a lot time on their hair some don't.

It's whatevery works.

Edited by BIGGMike
BlackBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 3:04pm
your correct all true
Lil t View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 4:57pm
fa sho
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 5:04pm

Just trying to get a point across. I think it's important to be open to all methods that work. The waves all over my head is the proof.

Yes, I use a kit to relax it. All the complements I get from women let me know I'm doing something right. Even my family is telling me how good my hair looks.

So natural is good, it's real good. But it's not the only way and we should not tell newbies that it's the only way. That's wrong.

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 5:04pm

Originally posted by BIGGMike BIGGMike wrote:

So natural is good, it's real good. But it's not the only way and we should not tell newbies that it's the only way. That's wrong.

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 1:16pm

Sportin' Waves Texturizing Comb-Thru Relaxer Kit For Men 

Has anyone used this before is so was any good?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic