Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to Get Em’/About them

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JBoog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBoog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Get Em’/About them
    Posted: May 22 2005 at 10:14pm
: Steps |

Wave Laws

1. NEVER BREAK YOUR WAVE PATTERN *#1 IS THE MOST IMPORTANT TO MAINTAING WAVES*
that includes washing, brushing. Tell your barber to cut with the grain of your hair.

2. ALWAYS USE A MOISTURIZER
after washing hair apply pink lotion while hair is wet in direction of wave pattern.

3. BRUSH THE MOISTURIZER IN THE HAIR
after applying pink lotion brush dat sh!t into the hair so that it can properly moisturize the scalp.

4. THEN USE A POMADE
apply whatever pomade u want and brush for 15-20 mins. (LONGER ;P DEN 15-20MIN.... BRUSH LONGER.)

5. USE A SMALL AMOUNT OF POMADE

never pile your hair up with an massive amount of pomade. Use about an heresy kiss size of pomade on your finger.

6. USE ONLY A MEDIUM BRUSH OR A HARD BRUSH OR A SOFT BRUSH
if u got soft hair den use a medium brush. but if u got thick as* nappy hair then

definitely use a hard brush.

What are waves? How do they forum?

1.Refers to a primarily Black hairstyle, where enough gel or textures is used to turn normally curly hair, "wavy". Not nearly as popular now as it was in mid to late 80's. Also the explanation for a so-called "wave" brush. Very even flowing waves are difficult to obtain and were highly regarded once.

Son, I can get so many waves, it'll make yaw seasick.

DreamTeam Waves?

1.Refers to a primarily Black hairstyle, where enough gel or textures is used to turn normally curly hair, "wavy". Popular as hell now as it was in mid to late 80's. Also the explanation for a so-called "wave" brush. Very even flowing waves are difficult to obtain and are highly regarded.

RECOMMEND STEPS= *

* How To Get Waves

The curls/coils in your hair are the key to getting waves. If your hair is straight the you will not get waves because a wave is a straightened out curl. The curlier (or nappy) your hair is, the more waves you will have in your hair. Deep waves comes from letting your hair grow. Everyone’s waves will not look the same, it depends on your hair type.
Some people have different textures throughout their head, therefore your waves may have a slightly different look or may not be totally the same. Though it may not be noticeable.
Pomade is not what develops waves. So if you don’t use it, it doesn’t matter. Pomade is used to help hold down your hair and help define them, but it isn’t necessary for the process.

Use pomade before your brush/du rag
Brush hair at most 1/1 ½ hours daily
Clean hair at least every other day to keep hair healthy
Brush hair in shower to make them more uniform
Wear du rag when not busy and to bed.
Spray du rag with water or moisturizer while wearing.
Get a hair cut every 2-4 weeks to make them deeper
While hair is long, comb hair as well as brush (hard brush)

Brushing: When brushing your hair start from the center of your head and brush out in every direction towards your lining. Example: From the crown to your forehead, crown to your left temple, etc. From your crown it should make a circle.

Pomade: Pomade is not what makes waves so if you don’t use it, it doesn’t matter. Pomade is used to help hold down your hair and help define them, but it isn’t necessary for the process. Either place a fingertip of pomade into your hand and rub it until it softens, place it in a sink of hot water until it melts, or melt it with a blow drier, then apply it evenly into your hair. Thoroughly rub it into your hair with your palm. If the pomade isn’t melted, take a hot towel and place it on your head to melt the grease, or you can use a blow drier. After you apply the pomade brush it into your hair.

Moisturizing: Use pink lotion or Scurl Moisturizer to keep your hair from drying out. Whenever you think you need it throughout the day.

Ice Pomade: Use this pomade sparingly (going out, etc.), it is possible that it will damage or irritate the skin near your lining.

Water technique: While you are brushing, spray your hair with water and brush it dry. Keep repeating this until you’re finished brushing.

Credit goes to "blackgospel" for providing this.

How to properly brush your hair for waves?

Pictures provivded by: hyfee_boi

Theses steps are from people who are either on the team or hang out on the forums. You can choose whichever you like or prefer to do. I would use the one above by "blackgospel" before i try anyone theses this quick.

Steps From Tw1sta- (Hair type? Not the best hair.. nappy)

-Wash your hair with shampoo daily and after your done washing, add some conditioner and let it sit for at least 5minutes in your hair.

-After waiting at least 5 minutes with the conditioner in your hair. Wash it out using warm water, but don't wash out all the conditioner.. in the middle of rinsing switch to freezing cold water fo like 20sec and than switch back to warm water and let it run for alittle and your done.

-Let your hair  dry almost all the way and add baby oil. Caution... baby oil is really watery and VERY greasy. Be sure to wash your forehead at night and right after you apply the oil. If you fail to wash your face at night or after your done brushing for the day, I guarantee you zits/pimples/acne on your face in the next following days.

-Get a hard brush and brush your hair throughout the day. Keep your hair moist by adding baby oil throughout the day. ALWAYS keep your hair moist with baby oil while your brushing.

-Durag or use a wave cap @ night.

The way I brush is *Top of head- Forward* *Side of head- Going Straight forward* *Back- Brush downwards. If you will like complete 360's that spin nice than brush like this and you will be there in no time.

Steps from BlackFate the Lost Prophet - curly but not nappy hair

- wash hair wit shampoo; run hot water all ova head to soak it, then apply shampoo. Brush shampoo into hair while unda hot water. repeat once more
- once out of shower don't dry hair. apply a conditioner (I use Pink oil) to hair while still wet.
- Apply pomade
- Apply a hot towel to head n rub in direction of desired pattern
- BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH
- put on a stocking cap or durag

Wen brushing, I brush 50x on each side Top- forward, Sides-slanted at an angle, Back-down
Also, wen I brush, I use a hard brush. At school or wherever I may b going, I bring a soft brush for occasional touch-ups if needed, but for the most part, once I am out, I do not brush my hair.....Keep brushing and good waving

Steps from CJay (soft, curly hair)
1. BRUSH in the shower
2. BRUSH hair while damp
3. then put in wave by design or pink lotion and BRUSH even more
4. put in sportin waves and BRUSH
(hair is still a lil wet .. if not dampen it )
5. then durag or wave cap
(I wave cap during the day and
durag at night)

brush sides diagonally
brush back straight down
brush top straight forward

Steps from twenty1

disclaimer: I go by the theory that I don't EVER want to break my wave pattern.

1. I get up, and brush my hair. 15 times in one spot, move to the next spot. 15 times. all the way around. I brush at a angle for my sides, and basically I brush like I'm trying to draw a circle around my head.

2. shower. when I shampoo, I use a hair clarifying shampoo. I put shampoo in my hair like I do pomade. like I said, I isn't trying to break the pattern AT ALL. I shampoo, and rinse, all the while shampoo and rinsing by working my hands thru my hair like I'm putting on pomade.

3. get out. dry my hair. I wipe thru my hair one time, again, drying my hair using the same concept: dry like I'm trying to apply pomade to my hair. I dry once.

4. then brush my hair. each part 10 times. hair is still kind of wet.

5. I dry it one more time like I did the first time.

6. then I apply the pomade. I eff with that murrays, but I'm also experimenting' with some white people type ish like tigi texturizing pomade, and I'm about to try crew pomade. but, it all starts with that murrays. after my second hair dry, I apply murrays. I work it into my hair using the same concept.

7. then brush 15x per spot. I put on du-rag for about 20 mins.

8. then I take it off, and brush again. sometimes, I use that other pomade at this point. it is really light, and it feels almost like it's moisturizing compared to the murrays, which is really greasy. then, I put on durag for 20-30 mins. for the most part, after that, I'm done.

I say for the most part because I have two brushes. fyi, I use Hollywood beauty wave brush from wal-mart. 2 bucks. I got one for the car, and one for the house. I keep the brush for things like that long ass stoplight that I sometimes hit, or if I hit a railroad crossing and a train is going by. when that happens? you guessed it, I get my brush on. I also give a little brush when I go to lunch. but, no major brushing during the day. when I come home, I do the 15-25x a section brush, and then put my durag on.

iIn summary, I use Hollywood beauty brush from Wal-Mart, Pantene hair clarifying shampoo, murrays pomade (sometimes combined with tigi texturizing pomade) and your standard issue durag. that tiger is really an interesting contrast compared to the murrays. when the murrays is done, I'll use the tiger exclusively, and let ya'll know any notable differences.
also, when I apply the pomade, I take a little, rub it well into hands, and apply to the top of head, then I take a little more and do the back and sides. then I take a little more and go over my whole head. it sounds like I'm using a lot, but I'm not. I found when I used a gob at once, that I couldn't get it applied evenly. I'd have this one area that would be hella murray'd and others that weren't.

Theses steps work, but there alittle sloppy. I would recommend the ones above because there explained much better. Yes, every single one of theses work, they all take the same amount of time. Just dedicate you're time to brushing and you will have 360's in no times!

1.get out the shower dry your hair, but keep it a little moist.                                                          

2 Add alittle pink lotion on your hair while its alittle wet and den
3.take some Murray, and rub it in your hair
4.brush your hair alotta times and put on your du-rag/WAVE cap.
5. let it sit for an hour or when you go to bed

First dampen clean hair with a steaming hot towel
Put some Sporting pomade on it
Brush it with a nice medium brush
Put a durag on it for about 30 minutes then take it off and brush it periodically throughout the day
Put the durag on it every night

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

wash your hair like everyone else is saying, leave it damp, throw on some 360 pomade and  brush (in every direction) front back side to side for a long time and throughout the day and throw on a dew rag or stocking cap.

Go to the store and buy (red can) dax and a  WAVE brush and a WAVE cap put the dax on your hair brush it and put the

WAVE cap on whenever you have time and while your sutting around.. you have to brush the f**k out of your hair they will start to appear.

Takes longer den acouple weeks..........

Young L da Kid steps usin DAX :Wave & groom (red can):

1.Shampoo hair and Brush while shampooing.
2.Dry hair real good (leave hair just a lil damp)
3.Apply ALOT of DAX : Wave & Groom
4.Brush in da same direction as u already know.

Suggest by MaskdRidr aka chrys

1.brush ur hair in da shower
2.then when u get out put tha scurl wave gel activator in 1st
3.den da murrayz
4.den put tha rag in tha microwave
5.brush it 4 a long azz time
6.then b4 u go 2 bed put sum dax (blue can aka dax(nice and neat)
7. put on durag or stockn and take yo ass to sleep!
*******they should come up in like 3 weekz, but not complete tight waves but they should b formin!

Edited by JBoog
Jkissi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkissi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 2:58pm
nice Jboog bring all of those together
just brush
JBoog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBoog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 10:32pm
iight man... im here to help so when u need help on something ask me mike or james we will help
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 1:41pm

Da 360 Waves DreamTeam, hu?

Yall went and got all they stuff. Twista and them cool with that?

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 1:47pm

Make sure you get permission from them. Dem boys got it going on over there too.

Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
JBoog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBoog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 1:55pm
yee i askedf twist cardinal firs though
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIGGMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 4:02pm

Dig it. They both are good guys man. I like Cardinal's peace mentality.

I wish they would come back, "if they aint already been back under different names".

BlackBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 5:25pm
yah um we all no bout that lol
Jkissi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkissi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 5:30pm
^ He's just giving you different options of methods you can use
just brush
JBoog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBoog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 8:03pm

yee

JBoog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBoog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 9:12pm
i already spinnin jus here to help peeps who tryin 2 spin 2
Jkissi7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jkissi7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 5:52am
^thats what im doin also
just brush
JBoog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBoog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 7:03am
yee i feel ya thnx for helpin
KingJames23 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 1:31pm

thats alot of info that should help everyone

JBoog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBoog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 2:05pm
i kno it help me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic