Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great Lengths?? should I get them?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Juliejewels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juliejewels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Lengths?? should I get them?
    Posted: May 25 2005 at 1:57pm

Hi everyone,

Your input is greatly appreciated. I have been checking into  different types of extensions. My own hair is shoulder length with a layer-  healthy and thick, but I want more length and  shine. I want straighter and sleek. I am  sick of blowing dry with a brush and fussing over it.  I want a jenn anniston look.
I love my  clip ins and wear them all the time ( no one knows) . It takes away all my hair issues and  I think I look great- at least I feel great. I have the hair I  want w/ the  clips and my own combined.

Now I am ready to take the plunge into more permanent extensions.

I  am considering Great lengths, but would like input. I do not  want to damage my own hair . I am very active and need to wash my hair each day. I workout all the time, so I need something durable. ( the clip ins have been good since I remove before working out- no one notices since it is not  a dramatic length or color change)

I know extensiosn call for extra care, but what  methods have you tried and recommend??  I definitely want the highest quality virgin remy hair- don't mind spending , but  want my  $$$ worth. Don't need a full head worth for the look I  want. maybe. With my clip ins I usually wear one or two tracks from ear to ear.

I considered fusion for a moment, but the glue scares me. Even  considered a bonded weft for a few weeks to see if I want to  make to commitment to  real extensions vs. clips. Is glue really that damaging with  proper care?

Please help....

I just read about  some clamp/copper coil..curious about that  too. What bout the  "new flat" anyone heard of that?

I need advice badly. Don't want to  end up with a knotted mess and less $1500.

-thanks so  much -JJ

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 8:51pm
Most brand name extensions are not worth the big bucks you pay to get them. Great lengths has good hair, but the bonds (glue) will probably damage your hair, maybe severely. Hairlocs, the copper shell, will wreck your hair more reliably and spectacularly than Great lengths.

Visit the hair extension board to see how you can do a better job yourself affordably.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
kelliegirl66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelliegirl66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 4:01pm

You definitely need to check out the Hair Extensions Forum.  There are so many people that know about extensions, the best types, methods, etc.  Check it out!)

http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=34

Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2005 at 4:27pm
I would definately NOT yea the type of hair is great but the bonding is not goog at all... I wanted them out right away ughh even after $3000 since then I have found much better methods of extensions since then and let me tell ya its wayyyy cheaper and very much better than great lengths extensions. =) go to the hair extensions forum liek kellie said good stuff in there
BeachBlonde View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeachBlonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 6:08pm

Hi , I have been wearing great lengths for 4 yrs already , after i have had to cut my hair short because of damage . Great lengths extensions got me thru the bad period ...

Now my hair is long and I just cant part with them . I love the way they look, the bonding is absolutely not damaging to your own hair and the best part is : the quality is excellent and noone will ever know ... even at the beach or if you put your hair up .

Make sure you get an experienced stylist to put them on .. you dont want your extensions looking like Paris Hilton's ( who also wears great lengths but she has really short hair and the extensions she wears are way too long )

Definitely worth the $$$

Always a blonde...Forever a Blonde !
Juliejewels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juliejewels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 9:12am

Thank you everyone so much for your  input. I have been reading so much on these boards and there are so many options...I really do not know what to  do.

I have seen some  beautiful fusion work and am considering that-  I realy cannot justify  spending  $1000 or more on GL  just for 8 weeks of  hair and so many  if-y reviews. For every good review- I  read 5 bad ones! I did locate a very experienced GL  stylist  here in Orlando who I  am going in to  have a consult with. She seems to know more than anyone else I have talked to  and I figure it is  worth getting educated on. She has been doing GL for  7 years. I am  shying away from GL, though.

I know there are options that  cost less and look great.

Are there any recommendations?

My hair is fine, but  thick- I have a lot of hair. It is shoulder length and strong. I want to  preserve my hair and the  hope is that I will just  get the  extensions to  get me  through  growing it  a little longer and growing out a layer. I am also going for just a little more length.

Although I say I only want  edtnesins for a little bit, I have a feeling that once I get them, I will not want to live with  out them. I am  a "hair girl" - daughter of a hairdresser! it is  a blessing and a curse.

Please advise on your  preferred types of extensions. I just cannot  make up my mind- there is so much on the boards.

Thanks a million.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic