Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fake louis vuitton purses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 11:58am
yeah it has a serial number. is that the number tag under the "louis vutton paris, made in france" sewn on the inside? im thinking all his stuff is stolen cos thats what his gf told me. it doesnt look cheap at all. the inside looks like suede and its a light color. i could take pics and send to you. its a monogram papillon and the number i see on the inside is 51365.
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 12:41pm

you might have a real deal, if he stole it then he'll probably sell it for anything to get rid of it. check the zipper that will be the next giveaway. some knocks are really good they could pass for real, do a google seach on how to spot a fake LV, or search the difference between a real LV and a fake LV, most of the sites won't give you detailed info, but you can find enough specifics that will help you determine if your particular bag is real. here are a few tips I found: hope these help

Arguably, the dominant force in designer purses is Louis Vuitton. If genuine Vuitton is what you're after, refer to our list of guidelines before you buy a "bona fide" bag.

• Classic Louis Vuitton monogram bags run from $400 to upwards of $1,000. If you're paying any less, you're not getting the real deal. Fakes range in price from $20 to $80.
  • Real Louis Vuitton purse snaps are monogrammed. Manufacturers of replica Vuittons often skip that specific.
  • Legit Louis bags usually start out with light leather. Over time, the leather will wear and darken.
  • Take a close look at the handles, which should be made of an entire strip of natural leather. When first purchased, the handle is light tan in colour; over the course of a few weeks, it should oxidize and turn into a darker, cognac colour. Fake bags don't change colour like this because the handles are usually painted.
  • The stitching on the handles should be clean and consistent, and should use yellow thread. The sides of the handles should be a shiny, glazed red.
  • The zipper pull should be brass hardware, heavy to the touch. Look for a neatly imprinted "LV" symbol on it.
  • The canvas of the bag shouldn't be too soft or stiff, or "oily" or shiny.
  • The "LV" monogram should have irregular brown lines through the gold-coloured letters, and a flower pattern. Fake monograms may be a solid colour or look too green or orange.
  • Ask for ID; there should be a card with the style number and name inside the bag.
  • Know what styles of the bags are genuine and look at the lining. Fake bags often come in styles and colours not available in the real thing and the lining will be different
"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 1:19pm
thanks diva!!! i got your PM and i believe its the real deal. i searched all night online u ti couldnt find as much information as you did. I really appreciate this  
lolib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2006 at 11:54am

does anyone know where i can find places to buy fake louis vuitton and other brands in atlanta, ga? we are going for vacation in a few weeks and I am wanting to do some shopping

lilalicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilalicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2006 at 3:08pm
Most fake LV bags look identical to the real ones! So why not have a fake one. I don't think anyone will know the difference. Although I have a real one It cost my Fiance 600, but since I wanted one real bad he got it for me. I didn't think he would actually get me one, but he did. Sweet huh?
1pinkbunny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1pinkbunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2006 at 9:40am
while i was looking for advice to spot a fake chloe,
i read that it is becoming harder and harder to spot a fake.
depending on where you buy your fake and the quality of the materials they use to make the fake.  some fake LV you can tell right away but my freind bought one in NY and you cannot tell it's fake.  regardless it was still worth $70 for the material it was made with.
i'd still rock the fake.  can't afford a $1000.00 purse.  i have a mortgage to pay. 

pinky21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinky21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2006 at 7:00pm
I agree with you, I can't afford an $800 bag. Who could? But I bought several "fakies" no one knows that they aren't real cept me. The fake ones look just as good as the real ones. I paid $65 for mine, I got the small LV purses, a burberry, a gucci and a fendi. They look real and in the inside they have the print and everything but no ones except me. Try the flea markets in your areas those guys have them all day long.
Pinky21
TaylorAnne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaylorAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2006 at 3:39am
well alot of people, including myself, would love to be noticed with a louis vuitton purse/handbag even if it is faux, but these days you have to be careful as i was reading in Vogue magazine that louis vuitton and other big name brands have scouts who will fine you of up to $500.00 plus erasing all your privelages from buying from their shop if they catch you with a fraud bag. but what are the chances anyway?
kellie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 12:19am
Idk fake anything isn't for me, its like a false representation.  I mean if you cant afford a LV bag why are you going 2 buy a fake one to pass as one.  I especially notice this with LV because its used as a status symbol, nothing about it is orginal or really creative so i personally dont view it as a form of expression, those bags are a statment.  I cant afford a LV bag but i wouldn't want one b/c then u got people countin ya bread. but differnt strokes for different fokes.

Edited by kellie23 - July 01 2006 at 1:14am
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2006 at 11:46pm
I'm with you kellie, if you can't get the real one why would you get a fake one. It is a status symbol. So that would make me feel like I'm trying to be something I'm not. I don't like LV to begin with. I think the design is really ugly and I hate that shade of brown. And the fact that they have made so many fake reproductions makes me want them even less. Since they are so many good fake ones, people are always wondering if what you have is the real thing. I personally like name brand clothing, not because of the status, but because of the fit.  Good clothing always looks good and is always tailored well. However, I always wait for a good sale. I just refuse to pay those rediculous prices.

Edited by Sharyg11 - May 07 2007 at 9:57pm
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 2:24pm
I think fake's fine! You have no obligation to pay $800 for something your dog might chew up, you might spill a drink on it, or a baby...well, puke on it. (Oh, all from personal expirience :( )

And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2006 at 2:26pm
Although, a good classic, beautiful and functional bag is worth spending...at most, $550....(I don't consider any brand with logos all over their bag as 'classic')
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
sophiasun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophiasun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2007 at 8:07pm
Ultimately it all comes down to what you feel comfortable with and the quality of the knockoff.

You have to consider both sides of the coin before you make your own personal decision whether to carry a knock off or not.

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 24 2012 at 12:53pm
Walk Softly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walk Softly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2008 at 6:10pm
I have a fake LV that I refuse to carry.  I was invited to a party and felt obligated to buy something, lol.  I also have a real DB, real Coach, and real Prada.  I will carry them when I am dressed in "real" brands, but I think it looks kinda silly to carry a fake brand or real brand bag, while wearing my walmart shoes, lol!  It's funny to see someone bummed out with a LV,  cause it screams FAKE!!!  I'd rather get the obvious fakes.  Not trying to pass at all, lol!
Sophia1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophia1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2008 at 9:40pm
Hey I once owned a fake LV handbag....I don't see it's a big deal. I don't even see it as a status symbol anymore, since that basic 'style' now is so prevalent everywhere.

But I got all you beat (hahaha): I never spend more than $ 5 dollars on a handbag, because I go to an excellent thrift store. You can find occasional brand names there, and often they are in very good condition. It's worth $5 bucks to me ! I am suprised no one has mentioned getting expensive handbags gently-used at a thrift or consignment store. Much, much cheaper if you MUST own an original.

Chanelbags6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chanelbags6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2012 at 11:25pm

Let me first preface this review by saying that I am an enormous fan of

Chanel’s quirky-cool aesthetic and an ardent believer that the brand

is too often overlooked by handbag fanatics as a result of some of the

brand’s more eccentric pieces.

The Italian company is actually a great source for a variety of pieces in

your accessories wardrobe, and the ladylike leather goods from 

Chanelare a perfect display of not only the brand’s versatility, but

perhaps more importantly, its functionality.

At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 24 2012 at 12:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic