Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair accessories

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
goldjenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldjenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair accessories
    Posted: June 06 2005 at 8:21pm
Hello,

A friend gave me a wonderful hair clip.  However it is too big and I would like to buy it in a different size.  She is in LA and I'm in Philadelphia.
It's a HAUTE COUTURE simple clip that is amazing.  Where can I buy this thing on the web.  I want to buy a few for gifts as well.   Please send your responses.
thanks
jennifer
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 6:48am
Does it have any other names on it?  What does it look like?

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
goldjenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldjenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 2:22pm

it is silvery brown in color and it looks like a giant bobby pin except that it is smooth and has a large space in between to fit your hair if it is tied up in a twitst.

It is stamped with the words HAUTE COUTURE in the inside.   haute couture is a fancy designer of women's fashion and I know that this clip costs at least $20.

I am not sure if it is something that is available in department stores or not.

jennifer
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 6:49am
Okay, I think your talking about a "hair fork" or "chignon stick".  And Ficcare does the haute couture label (I think).  Here is a link to their 2003 catalog...you will have to proceed to the catalog and turn a few pages before you get to them...then after you go through this catalog it brings you to the 2005 catalog if you're interested in more.  I've heard you can buy Ficcare at Nordstroms too, but I've never been to one so I can't say. 

You can buy hair forks at hairboutique too (go up to the top of this page where it says "shop" and go to hair accessories, and in the search field type in hair fork or chignon stick.

If that's not what you meant, let me know!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
goldjenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldjenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 8:58pm
You are such a sweethart!!!!

Thanks so much for finding the hairclip.  It's called maxima.  On the pricey side, isn't it.  My friend only paid $16 in a private beauty shop in LA.

The price we have to pay to look beautiful!!!

thanks again!!
jennifer
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 6:36am
Glad I could help!
zephyr View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 9:16am

you could take a look on ebay...

its worth a look...

http://www.nailsnsuch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic