Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad skin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rtucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad skin
    Posted: June 10 2005 at 9:39am

I have really bad skin. My first break out was when I was 7... And they just won't stop. I'm 19 now. My skin gets really oily especially when I get hot... which is everyday I work. And where I work doesn't help its a grease trap of a resturaunt.

My wedding is in two months and the last thing I need is my face to stll be broken out... I have enough to worry about.

If anyone has any ideas I am begging of you to help.

Thank you. Rach

hrc59blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hrc59blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 2:32pm
Maybe try proactiv?
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 5:36pm
I agree w/ hrc59, Proactiv is great! And it doesn't take long to see results..
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 7:39pm

hey rtucker =),

Acnefree is actually a new acne treatment that is almost exactly like proactiv except it has better time release of the active ingredient it uses. You can buy it at a walmart or something where as proactiv I believe you can only get it through ordering? I have used this product and it has worked wonders, I saw results in 2 days and my skin cleared up in 5 days. I now use Biore cleansers, scrubs, and astringents and olay regenerist moisturizers(awesome by the way) After this program my skin is clear and it feels like silk.

By the way, did you start a juice fast or master cleanse or anything? If you did then the acne will become worse through the process because your skin is releasing the toxins in greater amounts through the cleansing process. Keep your skin really really clean. If your at work maybe by some wet cloths that dont require water (I use olay total effects wet cleansing cloths when I am in a rush) and then put on some moisturizers.

Hope this helps!

AlexiA

rtucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 8:11pm

Well, I went to the site you told me about. I found the cleanseing program as well. After reading it and looking through it some of the stuff will make me really sick. But I did find a really awesome diet. I have lost 20 pounds already. Its the sacred heart medical diet. Its really cool and easy to follow no matter what kind of schedule somone has.

Also the site you sent me to shows some really grotesque pictures... I did some serfing to find credibility. I can't even tough pasta after reading some of the stuff and seeing the one artical on worms.... gross.

But it is very insightful. thanks again.

Rach

Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 11:13pm
oOo I know.. its disgusting hat most people have inside their bodies... Gross but the truth.  Hope your wedding goes well!
babygirl20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygirl20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 12:27pm
WOW thats the same problem i have. im 19 to and my 1st break out was when i was 9.. help me please.. lol
rtucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 3:45pm

I found something that has started clearing up my skin. Its good if you need to lose weight too. Go

sacredheartmedicaldiet.com

The sacred heart medical diet is really awesome. I have stayed full, startedto lose weight and my skin is startingto clear up and I have been on the diet 4 day and I was on my period ( more reason for break outs)

I started cheating just a little bit but in control of what I eat. Like today I am suposed to have bananas and milk... I added salad. Its totally awesome. I Cheat so that I don't lose too much weight too fast. its a fast diet but a great way to be healthy.

babygirl20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babygirl20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 12:31pm

is there any other solution to the acne then a diet? cuz i really dont need a diet.. LOL i only weigh 109 and im 5'8..LOL so i diets not good for me... i dont think anyways..

<3 marci

rtucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 5:24pm

fruits and veggies... carrots. salads. pro active.

Beautifulinblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautifulinblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 10:58pm
I am 17, and I used to suffer from blemished skin ever since I was 14 and started ruining flawless skin with foundation. I used Innoxa's Young Solution to clear my skin up, and it worked. Then I went to a doctor who prescribed me a tablet called 'Doxycycline' and my skin is amazing now. I'm so happy with it, I didn't think it would ever return to normal again. Now I dont wear foundation, powder or blush unless its a special ocassion. The worst thing you can do, I learnt, was cover up blemsihes with concealer and foundation. It only makes them worse.
Pain is inevitable; Suffering is optional
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 5:32pm
Hi Rachel!

I also had really bad acne. A couple months ago I started using the Neutrogena Blackhead-fighting (i'm not sure if thats the actual name hehe) mask and I really liked it. It smoothed out my skin even though its meant for blackheads. Then my Dr. gave me a gel called Differin.
Anyway I think the cleansing cloth idea is a great one. Or you could even try just keeping some toner and cotton wool in your bag and using that when your skin gets really greasy. Acne sucks cuz you wanna cover it up but you can't cuz that makes it worse but you're like 'I am so not walking out of the house looking like this!'.

When I was at Beauty College my instructor told us that she had a nephew with really bad acne. And she said that she told him he needed to start taking Vitamin C. And that a couple weeks after he started that his skin really cleared up. You may want to look up Vitamin C supplements and stuff cuz I don't really know about that but I thought I'd just add the suggestion.
Good luck!

Oh before I forget, how long were you on the diet before you lost the 20 pounds? I want to try it to detox before I start my weight loss routine and was just wondering how you found it.
rtucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 7:50pm

The diet is found by going to www.sacredheartmedicaldiet.com

if this doesn't work try doing a search for  sacred heart medical diet. and you should find it.

I lost 20 pounds one week. Sonce I stopped there so I can fit into m wedding dress.... I only make the soup to eat twice a week sometimes once. I still eat some fast food but not a lot. and I have added more veggies and fruit... I even made a veggie boquet for my dads birthday... everyone loved it but hey you gotta keep things interesting its the only way.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic