Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GIBSON GIRL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BarbaraA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GIBSON GIRL
    Posted: June 12 2005 at 4:02pm
Could anyone direct me to a photograph on line showing a Gibson Girl hair style? I want a photo I can print out and take to the hairdresser. All I find are sloppy ones that look like washer women and weird ones with ends of hair sticking out.
BarbaraA
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 8:26pm
If you google on "gibson girl", you will find lots of images. But you should print up the instructions on this site - Edwardian Hair, for both variations of the pompadour. You'll also need to get yourself some hair rats from American Discount Beauty, which you will need to fill out the puffy sides, front, and back.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
BarbaraA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2005 at 7:30am

Originally posted by eKatherine eKatherine wrote:

If you google on "gibson girl", you will find lots of images. But you should print up the instructions on this site - Edwardian Hair, for both variations of the pompadour. You'll also need to get yourself some hair rats from American Discount Beauty, which you will need to fill out the puffy sides, front, and back.

Thanks but that was the "washer woman" look I am trying to avoid. I hope to find something like the styles in Room With a View. I appreciate the feedback, however.

BarbaraA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic