Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How often can you colour?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ltp27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ltp27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How often can you colour?
    Posted: June 20 2005 at 12:30pm
I just have a question, someone told me that if you colour your hair too often it just makes it more pourous thus causeing the colour to fade faster is this true?  The reason I ask is I've been dying my hair red myself at home and when I get roots it looks ridiculous and if thats not enough my hair grows crazy fast and in a month I have one inch roots.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by ltp27 ltp27 wrote:

I just have a question, someone told me that if you colour your hair too often it just makes it more pourous thus causeing the colour to fade faster is this true?

Yes, overprocessing will cause the color to fade more quickly or not take at all.

Originally posted by ltp27 ltp27 wrote:

The reason I ask is I've been dying my hair red myself at home and when I get roots it looks ridiculous and if thats not enough my hair grows crazy fast and in a month I have one inch roots.

There's your problem. You're not supposed to dye your hair more than once. After the first time you color, you're only supposed to be touching up the roots, which will prevent damage to your already-colored hair.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 3:13pm
Ugh! I have that same EXACT problem, so i have to keep retouching the roots as often as i find time, since it grows like crazy. I mean i dye it red too and i have horrid black roots growing in!!! Altho, u can refresh the rest of ur hair w/ a semi or demi-permanent hair color.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic