Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Highlighting help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
02rsxs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 02rsxs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Highlighting help
    Posted: June 25 2005 at 7:36pm

I am a guy with black hair with 25% grey in it.  My girl wants me to get highlights in my hair.  What color should I get and should I cover the grey first?  She wants blonde or like an extreme red.  Please help me.

Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:22pm
if you covered over the grays with a perm, and then put in extreme reds, it would look very punk-y. the blond will not turn a pale blonde on you, it will be that funny orange color that people with dark hair get when they attempt to bleach their hair. i would vote dye it black all over, then get the red highlights.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 9:26pm
please do it professionally if this is your first time. A good stylist should be able to help u achieve either one, talk to them abt wht they reccomend.
02rsxs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 02rsxs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 6:41am
How much should this cost?
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 7:56am
It would depend on how long ur hair is but since ur a guy i'm gonna guess its pretty short...for the full head a good salon is usually aroung $125 for medium length hair, i think. But since ur a guy and if u have short hair i'm sure it would be much less...i hope this answers ur question!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic