Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The New Halle Berry!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 7:49am

Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

2) A point for Hal. If we looked at each of your last 20 posts, how many of them would involve complaining about something or attacking someone? I think you are the one who needs to lighten up. Maybe poor Beach Blonde still hasn't gotten over the ferocity of your vitriolic attack.

In responding to fatmo I thought I should actually read the rules... and i see that I have broken one...

• Personal Attacks! Please do not criticize people. While it is appropriate to share your difference of opinion, please do so with kindness and courtesy.  Please remember that the written word may appear harsher than those that are spoken.  So please post in a manner "as if" you would wish to be talked to in person.

Also Fatmo... I'm just poor southern boy witha thing for hair and have no clue what  "vitriolic" means...

JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 12:41pm

1) JF what hapened to your assurance that HB was due to cut her hair for the movie "Nappily Ever After"? Take a look at Halle's Yahoo movie page and NEA is clearly on the back burner. Of course she may make it eventually, but she seems to deliberately keep it on hold at present (perhaps because it involves cutting her hair at a time when she'd prefer not to?) Anyway, the chemical straightening that JF was speaking about, clearly had nothing to do with the movie.

Um, never assured anyone she would do it.  Just an educated guess based on circumstances.  Also, never said she chemically straightened it...which she obviously hasn't done for her to be able to get the curls and volume she periodically displays.

Right now, I'm just enjoying the length, the occasional curls, and the speculation of why exactly she's grown it and kept it, given her record of affinity for short hair. 

JF

3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2005 at 2:26pm
This is not a movie that Halle doesn't want to make. She is producing it, so
she's not going to waste money if she doesn't want to make it. She also cast
herself as the star. As the producer and star, she'll have more control, and
stands to get a bigger payday.

The movie is based on a novel that deals with African-American female
empowerment. Anyone who has listened to Halle being interviewed knows
that this is an inmportant subject for her.

Finally, she's set this movie up at Universal, a major studio. While Universal
will wait if she is doing X-Men 3, big studios want to get a production
started when they want it started. Knowing this, the delay like isn't Halle or a
desire to not cut her hair. It's probably Universal.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2005 at 6:35am
As far as I could see, it's been up there, ready to go into production since way before "Eyes were Watching God". It just keeps moving one step behind every new HB project. I guess there's a reason for this, but no one on this board knows what it is. We are all indulging in intelligent guess work and speculation. What's for sure is that HB has kept long hair for far longer than anyone ever thought likely--and, in my opinion, long may it continue!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 1:57am

Ee, I'd kinda thought Halle resembled Phylicia Rashad just a bit in that pic, somehow. . . and she's like the universal "mom" figure, so that might have influenced the opinion.  I was surprised to see her in a motherly light there, as I'm used to seeing her as a sex symbol instead.

Originally posted by JerkyFlea JerkyFlea wrote:

Ummm...apparently Fatmoogas and Kuroneko have much sharper resolution on their monitors than I do.  I'm struggling mightily to determine why the picture shows that a) Halle's "getting a bit too old for the super short hair" and b) "pulled-back hair makes her look matronly".

Don't get me wrong here, Halle looks fantastic with any length of hair, though I actually do prefer it with at least a little length to it.  But by no means is she too old for short hair.  That's just silly.

(Quick aside here, has anyone other than me noticed that her head is slightly peanut shaped and that gets more obvious when her hair is super short?  Don't know if it's her strong cheekbones or what, but it seems to indent slightly between the ears and the temples.  Go look at old pictures and tell me I'm wrong. )

Anyway, speaking of silly, what in the wide wide world of sports make Halle look matronly in that picture?  Maybe I have the wrong definition of the word.  Let's check Webster's...

Main Entry: ma·tron
Pronunciation: 'mA-tr&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English matrone, from Middle French, from Latin matrona, from matr-, mater
1 a : a married woman usually marked by dignified maturity or social distinction b : a woman who supervises women or children (as in a school or police station) c : the chief officer in a women's organization
2 : a female animal kept for breeding

Hmmm...not married, but the other stuff in 1a kinda works.  She doesn't supervise children and isn't on the board of NOW, so 1b and 1c are out.  I believe 2 would, uh, only apply the deviant fantasies of some folks best, um, left unexplored.

Nope, can't seem to find "beautiful woman who many guys would sell, or at least lease, their mothers for to have a shot with on the very day that picture was taken".

As usual,

JF

More awesome than a manatee!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 2:04am

*shrugs*  There are many reasons movies get held up.  There could be scheduling conflicts, rewrites, trouble getting the desired actors, or any number of other things we couldn't even guess.  Some movies take years from the initial purchase of rights to be completed.  Obviously it's an important story for her, so hopefully she'll be able to get it on track soon, whatever the reasons for the delay.

As far as I could see, it's been up there, ready to go into production since way before "Eyes were Watching God". It just keeps moving one step behind every new HB project. I guess there's a reason for this, but no one on this board knows what it is.

More awesome than a manatee!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 7:17am
If and when she does it, I predict another Halle flop.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 7:23am

Willis, Berry to star in 'Perfect Stranger'
OCRegister (subscription) - Orange County,CA,USA
Bruce Willis will join Oscar winner Halle Berry in "Perfect Stranger," a thriller set up at Revolution Studios. Berry plays a woman ...

Yet another HB movie taking precedence over NEA.

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 7:27am
Maybe she wants to really cut some hair off doing these other moives will let her keep growing it? Why not everything else has been posted to why.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 8:06am
Whatever else is involved, I think she has realized that she's not heavyweight enough to carry a $100 million movie at the box office alone.
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 8:49am

<A style="COLOR: blue" onclick="return
top.js.OpenExtLinkwindow,event,this" href="http://www.ocregister.com/
ocr/2005/08/23/sections/life/lf_news_reviews/
article_644573.php">Willis, Berry to star in 'Perfect Stranger'</
A><FONT size=-1>OCRegister (subscription) -
Orange County,CA,USA
Bruce Willis will join Oscar winner Halle
Berry in "Perfect Stranger," a thriller set up at Revolution
Studios. Berry plays a woman ...

Yet another HB movie taking precedence over NEA.[/
P]

Halle has been attached to this movie for a while. Just because a movie is
announced doesn't mean it's going into production. She's currently
filming "X3," although that should wrap soon. While she's been attached
to several movies, including "Nappily Ever After," none of the movies have
a firm start date. Halle could start "Nappily" in October or November or
she might not make a movie until the middle of next year.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2005 at 8:54am
In your dreams, Rod. You're wilfully ignoring the fact that about 6-9 months ago NEA was clearly ready to go into production. Now HB doesn't even want to talk about it. Anyway, speculate as you wish. It's all hot air in the end.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic