Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bare Minerals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairfitness101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfitness101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bare Minerals
    Posted: July 01 2005 at 6:31am
Have any of you tried the Bare Minerals products? If so, what did you think of them? I originally was going to try Aubrey organics cosmetics but they don't have a mascara/eyeliner etc, just foundation and lip stuff. The Bare Minerals seems a little pricey and I am leery about spending MORE money.Does it have good coverage/is it worth that kind of money etc.? I currently use Neutrogena which is better for my skin than many of the other store brands-its not that cheap either!Thanks for any tips you might have.
Pizzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 8:39pm
I had to try Bare Minerals on the advice of a friend. I do notice some coverage but I'd consider it minimal. I apply concealer first then the Bare Minerals and the Mineral Veil. I have noticed it lasts all day. I usually have shiny skin but the Bare Minerals tones it down all day, plus my breakouts are minimal now. I now added ( I don't know if they call it a bronzer powder) but I use it instead of blush but I use it on more of my face. I think it gives it color without looking fake, just healthy. I would buy this again.
hairfitness101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfitness101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 10:33pm
Thank you for your reply. I have been feeling kind of desperate with the whole cosmetics dilemna,my poor sensitive skin,ironically, the day I posted this,my mom sent me a gift box of Almay products. I had tried Almay quite a few years back and did not like them, so I reluctantly tried them but withsurprising results.! I tried the "Keep it Clean" foundation and it is amazing. It is sheer but with great coverage. The next day, I tried the Kinetin foundation which is supposed to smooth lines etc. It really does work,it has more coverage than the Keep it Clean but i think i like the K.I.C. better.It feels so light on the face and doesnt look like I have a mask on. It doesnt appear to clog pores or intensify the look of them either. My mom lives near the warehouse and gets a huge discount on the products so I asked her to send me some other things by them.I checked out the Almay website and picked out some things.Can't wait. The best thing of all...I like it better than the Neutrogena for my sensitive/allergy skin.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic