Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair highlighting goof

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
acd1028 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair highlighting goof
    Posted: July 14 2005 at 9:29pm
HELP! I normally highlight my hair myself at home, just because it's cheaper...Anyway, I didn't touch it up for about 3 months and my roots were getting out of control. I just touched it up today and now my hair has this 2 toned deal going on. My hair is natually brown and I used a blonde highlighting kit. Now my roots are tinted alittle bit orange but the rest looks great...what can I do? Should I buy another kit and touch up just the roots or just shave my head and start over?

Edited by acd1028
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 6:37am
There's no need to shave it off for this, (unless you want to be bald).  Did you use the same kit you always used before?  There's no reason it shouldn't give you matching results unless you did something different (left it on for less time or something).  You should get matching results if you try to do all the orange hairs again with the same kit you usually use...do test ones first to make sure you get the timing right and get something that matches.  You will probably need a friend to help you with this, so they can see what they're doing and get the stuff only on the highlighted parts that are orange (you won't want to redo the part that wasn't your roots).
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 9:23am
I've seen this happen when someone waits too long to touch up their roots. I've read that the heat of the scalp causes the closest part of your roots to process at a different rate than that part which is further away.

You might want to ask a professional for advice. This could be a little tricky.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic