Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

woes of growing out haircolour(photos)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LunarFlame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunarFlame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: woes of growing out haircolour(photos)
    Posted: July 18 2005 at 6:29pm

so.. i have a delimma.

About 2 months ago, I decided to get a perm, that turned out to be disasterous. It did absolutly nothing. No curl, no wave, just made it a little frizzy

It also stripped my colour out of my hair, and now it's really light, bleach blonde. I hate it. My roots are about 4 inches grown out, and i have that "greasy" look that blondes get when their roots grow out.

These photos kind of show my roots.. but they are so hard to pick up with a camera... im naturally a sandy blonde colour.. im just wondering if it would be safe to colour my hair now. I'll probably use garnier nutrisse.

I just want something really close to my root colour so I can grow my hair out, but have it look less tacky.

I also am open to other colour options though.. blonde is so hard to maintain..

here is me with a darker red colour:

and me with normal blonde

Edited by LunarFlame
beachgerl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachgerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 8:21pm
If you want to match your roots or try a new color, it is safe to use a demi-permanent or semi-permanent color. A good one is Radiance Colorgloss. It's pretty gentle and it comes with its own developer instead of regular one but sold separately. It's very gentle, good for relaxed or permed hair. Another one is Complements, too. Are you near a Sally Beauty? Avoid using permanent color like Garnier Nutrisse or any other permanent colors on shelf. They're permanent and more damaging. I like the red one on you, looks good with your fair skin. I can imagine you a fiery redhead and really stand out out of ordinary blondes.
LostForever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LostForever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 9:42pm
If you get a permanent DIY hair color at a store I strongly recommend
L'Oréal Féria... they have the best conditioning system that won't cause
build-up on thin hair (like mine) but still makes sure your hair goes
undamaged post-coloring. The built-in highlights make your hair
shimmer in the sun! Go to www.lorealferia.com and you can see all their
shades and pick the best one... Right now I'm using Blowout Burgundy
R37... it's got a PowerRed in it for extra red. So, yeah, I would say
definitely go with L'Oréal Féria and you will not have to worry about it
damaging your hair. Just use the conditioner!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 2:24am
I like the red, but the normal blonde is nice, too.  Go with the least damaging product that will stick, and in a shade or two lighter than you think you'll need.  Damaged hair (probably it is, if it's frizzy) may have a hard time getting dye to stick, or if it does stick, it might come out darker than intended.  Hope that makes sense. . . after 3:30 a.m. :-P . . .
More awesome than a manatee!
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2005 at 7:49am
Feria is the most permanent dye you can get, so if you don't like it, you're stuck. It's safe to color your hair now, but you should probably go semi- or demipermanent, to cause as little damage as possible. Also, get two shades lighter than what you want, and get a protein filler to counteract the porosity of your damaged hair and make the dye take better.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic