Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello, operator???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello, operator???
    Posted: July 22 2005 at 10:15am

I recently learned something while paying my bills online or via the telephone...be sure you have the correct number.

For those who have the American Express card, you may be familiar with the 1 - 800 - I PAY - AXP (American X Press) line, which enables you to pay your bill via the telephone.

Though I've known this number for quite some time, a recent bill paying episode turned into a humorous situation when I drew a blank while dialing. The number I thought of was 1 - 800 - I PAY AMEX, for American Express. The first call didn't sound right, so I redialed.

Imagine my shock to redial the same number only to hear "Thank you for choosing * *. If you are under 18, you must hang up now."

Then a sultry, somewhat whispering voice spoke "Welcome to Intimate Connections, where you'll hear sexy introductions from callers on our system..."      (CLICK!)

Thank goodness it was a 1-800 line, I would have died of embarrassment when hubby saw the bill. Ah, so is this what you do all day while I'm at work?

Karen Marie

Birds of a feather flock together & then crap on your car.

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Member since 2000, not reg. until 2005
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2005 at 11:56am

I think at some point in time we all have those moments. And it's funny that it happens with a number you might call often. Being here in Korea we usually use calling cards to make long distance calls. I called a friend of mine in the states and we chatted till the card ran out and I said I'll call you right back I have another card.

I hung up used my other calling card and dialed this same persons phone number, to my surprise I got a message that said "I'm sorry all Swiss phone lines are busy right now please try your call later", I looked at the phone and said "Swiss?", I dialed again and got the same recording, now I think I'm going crazy.

I tell myself- one more try and this time I dialed the number so slow you would have thought I was just learning to read my numbers- but I got through. Imagine if I was calling using a direct line, that's a bill I wouldn't want to see probably cost an arm just to connect.

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
broomeboy1023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 9:39pm

omg chunt that's so mean! she's done nothing to you!

and god said let there be hair extensions.
ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 11:20am

Just a question, does the board have the ability to delete posts by a banned member?

If editing the posts is possible, surely we can edit the entire person from the site, yes?

Again with the immature posts. I long for the day banned posters' ISP numbers are revealed to everyone.

fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 12:44pm

Originally posted by chunt1023 chunt1023 wrote:

fullxdiva your beautiful

That nasty word is not only used as a degrading term toward black people it is also used as a disparaging term for a member of any socially, economically, or politically deprived group of people.  It's just a nasty word period.

It really is sad that people are so bold to openly display their show of ignorance and lack of knowledge to the world. People use these words to stir our emotions, and when we are in situations like this and we are emotionally provoked, our bodies prepare for the "fight or flight" response by pumping blood to our muscles, getting our adrenaline going, and usually were ready to fight. That's what they want and this hinders our ability to be calm, think rationally and solve problems like civil minded folks.

SO.... Before I attempt to address or resolve this lil prejudicial conflict I must first get my emotions under control. Sneaky

OK..... I'm ready to handle this !
STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK MY BONES BUT WORDS SHALL NEVER HURT ME!

Na-na-na-na    Thbpbpthpt!     Na-na-na-na  Thbpbpthpt!

This joy that I have the world didn't give it, and the world can't take it away! 

Edited by fullxdiva
"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 1:12pm

Diva, you go, girl!

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 2:16pm

Hi all,

For some reason....even though we ban someone and they are blocked, sometimes they are able to get around the block and still post.  We then have to go to the IP address and contact the ISP.  Which of course is time consuming.  We do it if the poster doesn't cease and desist but it is a pain.

Jeff is looking into the fact that there is this loophole from time to time.

In the meantime...thanks for sending the Admin Team notes because we jump on this as fast as possible.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Karen

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
chunt1023 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunt1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 2:36pm

I didn't write this message. my son got me banned from this forum and many others by posting as me and saying rude vulgar things. i am very sorry and i promise to all of you that this will not happen again. and that he is in alot of trouble.  and i would like to say that i didn't teach him to be a racistm, i look at the world color blind, and  i judge no one it is not my place. please forgive him.

ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 3:49pm

If that were true, then knowing this, why have we not seen your apology until now?

fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 7:48am

Originally posted by ACCOLADY ACCOLADY wrote:

Diva, you go, girl!

High Five

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2005 at 11:15am

We do not know what a person thinks even when he tells us, we only know by his actions.

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what people say. I just watch what they do.

Those who cannot remember or know nothing of the past are condemned to repeat it.

Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think.

No one is born a racist, children learn racism as they grow up from the environment and society around them."We have a responsibility to ensure that our children are educated and brought up in an environment free from racism. The very weapon that one's uses to destroy and degrade another, will be the very one thing that will turn and cause self destruction.

"The stupid neither forgive nor forget.....the naïve forgive and forget....... the wise forgive but do not forget

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
broomeboy1023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 11:58am

I have nothing to prove to any of you. I was not apologizing for my self, i have done nothing wrong. I was apologizing  for my son. As I said i have done nothing  wrong, except trust my son  to do the right thing, he failed not me. It is not your place to judge me, that is up  god and only he will judge me, you, and my son. So who are you to judge? and what place do you have to say weather or not he is racist none of you know him, and even if you did you could never know what's truely  in his heart. So i wash my hands of this broad, peace and love to all.         &n bsp;         &n bsp;    

-christy

and god said let there be hair extensions.
ACCOLADY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACCOLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2005 at 1:01pm

Multiple usernames? You do realize your IPS is being logged, yes?

We don't have to know 'your son' (ahem) to know he's a racist. People don't use those terms loosely.

Multiple names you have used as signature names or log ins:

broomeboy1023

chunt1023

koffee

christy

Originally posted by Including the typos, one of the characters above Including the typos, one of the characters above wrote:

So i wash my hands of this broad, peace and love to all.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic