Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ANY RELAXER EXPERTS HERE??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
baby*flower View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby*flower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ANY RELAXER EXPERTS HERE??
    Posted: July 23 2005 at 10:51am

does anyone know if the relaxer x-tenso is a sodium hydroxide relaxer, because i would like to get thermal reconditioning done to my hair and its not reccomended or cannot be used on hair that has been treated in the past with a sodium hydroxide relaxer? because i have had my hair relaxed with x-tenso since april and i find that it has not realy changed my hair routine and i would like to hair straight hair that does not need much styling, im not much of an expert with these things so  im not really sure i just want straight hair, can anyone please help.

- thanks in advance, any replies are greatly appreciated

Edited by baby*flower
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2005 at 2:46pm
X-tenso is Thio based not sodium hydroxide. For great info go to Verticalsinhair.com . How much styling you will need to do, depends on what type of hair you have. If you have very curly hair as I do, even after the thermal reconditioning you will still need to blow dry your hair straight. I know because I did it. But if your hair is just wavy then you won't have to do much at all. If you do have super curly frizzie hair don't waste your money, keep doing x-tenso, or Rusk anticurl, Redken Vertical etc. Way cheaper a lot less damage. If it is just wavy then go ahead. Your hair will be super straight and you probably won't have to blow dry at all.

Edited by Sharyg11
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic